  1. Hi Everyone,

    I'm just starting to learn Web App programming. Where can I get an emulator?

    Thanks!

    Leo Pedeglorio, Nov 23, 2004

  2. Leo Pedeglorio

    JuanDG Guest

    There's plenty!!!!!

    The choice depends mostly in the devices you are targeting, or if you want
    your site to work on most devices, you'll have to download a few.

    For starters you can use the Pocket IE loaded in the Win CE emulator of VS
    2003, it's very good if your principal target is Pocket PC's.

    A must for every Mobile Web Forms developer it's the OpenWave Emulator,
    available here:
    http://developer.openwave.com/dvl/tools_and_sdk/openwave_mobile_sdk/phone_simulator/
    (Requires free registration).

    Then you have to download Nokia's Mobile Internet Toolkit (NMIT) to
    guarantee compatibility with #1 vendor of mobile terminals in the world.
    You can download it here:
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,6566,034-13,00.html (requires free
    registration too).

    There's also a very popular online emulator called Gelon
    (http://www.gelon.net/), it's very good, but it requires you to have your
    pages on a server.

    And last, but certainly not least you can use windows (IE) like emulators
    like WinWAP or Klondike, they are very good and give you a lot of tools for
    development, but pages look cooler in a phone-like emulator!!!!

    WinWAP: http://www.winwap.org/winwap/download.shtml
    Klondike: http://www.apachesoftware.com/download.html

    OK, those are my favorite, hope you enjoy them, Happy testing!!!!!!

    --

    Juan David Gomez A.
    Microsoft Certified Professional

    JuanDG, Nov 23, 2004