Device update and Nokia 6610

Vidar Kalsund

Hi all,

I have tried making an ASP .net MobileWebapplication and got some
problems showing the pages on a Nokia 6610 device.

I also looked at the device update files and it seems that the phone
is not supported in the device list.

When could I suspect to get an updated file for this? I see that the
last file is from 17-12-2003 and that is just to long time in the
mobile world. Has Microsoft fallen asleep on the issue that there is
new devices almost every day, or Is it just me not knowing a way
around the device support.

I would be happy if more devices is added to the list, so I don't have
to write a seperate wap pages to support the non-supported devices.

Any comment and help with solutions would be fine.

regards

Vidar Kalsund

Andrew Enfield \(MS\)

I'm not on the mobile controls team, and I haven't done much work with them
in a long time, but in the event that the following link helps, here goes...

The profiler at http://www.asp.net/mobile/profile/default.aspx has
information about creating profile information for devices that aren't on
the list. See the site for more information. I haven't used this site myself
so can't provide any additional good information, but hopefully this is a
start.