DFW Pythoneer Meetings This Week

Jeff Rush

The Dallas-Ft. Worth Pythoneers are having three meetings this week.

[1] Thursday, November 10th (i.e. Every Second Thursday)

From 7 pm until 10 pm at Snuffer's Restaurant and Bar
in Addison on Midway, we have a *social get-together*. Sure
to be on the agenda is discussion about our recent experiences
with learning Zope 3 and establishing a club IRC channel.

Snuffer's Restaurant and Bar
14910 Midway Rd.
Addison, TX 75244
972-991-8811

We meet in the glassed-in patio and try to have Python-related
books and signs scattered about so people can find us.

[2] Friday, November 11th (Kickoff of Ft. Worth Chapter)

The first meeting of the Fort Worth chapter, we're trying to
build up a group for those who find it difficult to drive all
the way to Dallas/Addison. If you want local meetings, please
make your presence known.

We're meeting from 6 pm until 8 pm at:

Artistic Blends
5298 Trail Lake Drive
Fort Worth, TX 76133
(817) 292.4744

Look for the Kylixitis shirt wearing individual.

[3] Saturday, November 12th (i.e. Second Saturday Hands-On Sessions)

We start gathering at 1 pm and formally start at 2 pm. This is
*hands-on programming* so bring your laptops. The site has both
wired and wireless Internet, and we have a projector for talks.

We run until 5 pm and then break for a group dinner. We're at
the tables in the big middle of the bookstore, with laptops,
hubs and cables everywhere. Easy to find.

NerdBooks.com
1681 Firman Drive
Richardson, TX 75081
(972) 470-9600

The topics this time will be Zope 3 and more Extreme Programming,
applied to the web-based talks scheduler we're constructing as a
group project for the PyCon conference.

Next time, the Fourth Saturday, we hope to have a demo/talk of
the Django web framework.

----
Locations, times and *maps* for all events are maintained at:

http://python.meetup.com/10/events/

The DFW Pythoneers maintain a club wiki/mailing list at:

http://www.python.org/dfw

Hope to see you there, and especially some new faces!

Jeff Rush, DFW Pythoneers Coordinator