    Thanks,

    ~ Eric

    , May 24, 2005

  2. kaeli Guest

    In article <>,
    enlightened us with...

    > For example, clicking a "+" icon next to some "Add to list" text would
    > cause the icon to quickly float to a <table> somewhere else on the
    > page. I thought iht.com did this with their "clippings" functionality,
    > but they do what I'm looking for minus the key animation part.
    >
    > Anyone seen something like this?

    Yes. Many ads do similar things to move around and get noticed. They often
    float from the top to the middle or vice versa. Basically, you move the image
    many times, incrementally, to create the animated look.
    Did you look over at dynamicdrive.com? I thought I saw some animated type
    stuff like this over there.

    ~kaeli~
    Once you've seen one shopping center, you've seen a mall.
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

    kaeli, May 24, 2005

  3. Eli Guest

    1. For the animation move part you need the start and finish points
    (absolute x,y coordinates).
    2. Set the image position to absolute.
    3. Then with a formula of motion (might be linear or parabolic or
    whatever), change the x and y coordinates of the image step by step
    toward the finish coordinates (of course, you need also to determine
    the interval time between steps and number of steps).

    Eli, May 24, 2005
  4. Randy Webb Guest

    Eli wrote:

    > 1. For the animation move part you need the start and finish points
    > (absolute x,y coordinates).

    False.

    > 2. Set the image position to absolute.

    False again.

    > 3. Then with a formula of motion (might be linear or parabolic or
    > whatever), change the x and y coordinates of the image step by step
    > toward the finish coordinates (of course, you need also to determine
    > the interval time between steps and number of steps).

    Semi-true.

    Had you quoted what you were replying to, it would make it easier to
    explain why your answers are False.

    --
    Randy
    Question: Why?