Diagramming (wxOGL, diacanvas2)

Matt

I'm wanting to fish for some (any) advice on finding a diagramming
widget for Python (Linux platform). The application I have in mind is
to have the user construct simple networks in a GUI, somewhat similar
to the Overflow/FlowDesigner application
(http://flowdesigner.sourceforge.net/), and have some analysis
performed on it. I need such functionality as (e.g.): creating boxes,
circles, circles with squares in them, grouping, zooming, scrolling,
lines with arrows, handles on objects.

A little searching turns up:

1. wxOGL via wxPython (http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/wxOGL),
alleged to be a dead project [ wxOGL, that is! ;-) ].

2. Python bindings for diacanvas2

I've installed and had a *brief* play with both, but I would
appreciate any comments on the merits of these and other possible
options.

Thanks,

Matt