    terry Guest

    Do anyone have code examples to use a dialup internet (JTAPI) and tehn
    perform connection by username and password using TCPIP?
    terry, Sep 9, 2003

  2. terry

    Frank Guest

    On 8 Sep 2003 18:52:53 -0700, terry <> wrote:

    > Do anyone have code examples to use a dialup internet (JTAPI) and tehn
    > perform connection by username and password using TCPIP?

    I believe you're confused, JTAPI is intended to provide an programatic
    interface to computer interactable call service centers, generally used in
    small buisness to enterprise offices.

    In your case, you'll find that many operating systems may auto-connect or
    prompt the user to log in when no other connection is available if you so
    much as connect a socket. In order for your program to attempt to make it's
    own connection, regardless of how much work you do, you'ld still have to
    register your connetion to the OS as a useable TCP/IP stack, which requires
    JNI.

    Hope this helps,

    Frank
    Frank, Sep 9, 2003

  3. terry

    terry Guest

    Frank <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 8 Sep 2003 18:52:53 -0700, terry <> wrote:
    >
    > > Do anyone have code examples to use a dialup internet (JTAPI) and tehn
    > > perform connection by username and password using TCPIP?
    > >

    > I believe you're confused, JTAPI is intended to provide an programatic
    > interface to computer interactable call service centers, generally used in
    > small buisness to enterprise offices.
    >
    > In your case, you'll find that many operating systems may auto-connect or
    > prompt the user to log in when no other connection is available if you so
    > much as connect a socket. In order for your program to attempt to make it's
    > own connection, regardless of how much work you do, you'ld still have to
    > register your connetion to the OS as a useable TCP/IP stack, which requires
    > JNI.
    >
    > Hope this helps,
    >
    > Frank

    If I do not want to use JNI for OS-independent reason, could I still do that?
    terry, Sep 9, 2003
  4. terry

    terry Guest

    Frank <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 8 Sep 2003 18:52:53 -0700, terry <> wrote:
    >
    > > Do anyone have code examples to use a dialup internet (JTAPI) and tehn
    > > perform connection by username and password using TCPIP?
    > >

    > I believe you're confused, JTAPI is intended to provide an programatic
    > interface to computer interactable call service centers, generally used in
    > small buisness to enterprise offices.
    >
    > In your case, you'll find that many operating systems may auto-connect or
    > prompt the user to log in when no other connection is available if you so
    > much as connect a socket. In order for your program to attempt to make it's
    > own connection, regardless of how much work you do, you'ld still have to
    > register your connetion to the OS as a useable TCP/IP stack, which requires
    > JNI.
    >
    > Hope this helps,
    >
    > Frank

    Do anyone know whether Java has solution api to do the dialup internet job?
    terry, Sep 11, 2003