Dial and connect internet

terry

Do anyone have code examples to use a dialup internet (JTAPI) and tehn
perform connection by username and password using TCPIP?

Frank

Do anyone have code examples to use a dialup internet (JTAPI) and tehn
perform connection by username and password using TCPIP?

I believe you're confused, JTAPI is intended to provide an programatic
interface to computer interactable call service centers, generally used in
small buisness to enterprise offices.

In your case, you'll find that many operating systems may auto-connect or
prompt the user to log in when no other connection is available if you so
much as connect a socket. In order for your program to attempt to make it's
own connection, regardless of how much work you do, you'ld still have to
register your connetion to the OS as a useable TCP/IP stack, which requires
JNI.

Hope this helps,

Frank

terry

Frank said:
I believe you're confused, JTAPI is intended to provide an programatic
interface to computer interactable call service centers, generally used in
small buisness to enterprise offices.

In your case, you'll find that many operating systems may auto-connect or
prompt the user to log in when no other connection is available if you so
much as connect a socket. In order for your program to attempt to make it's
own connection, regardless of how much work you do, you'ld still have to
register your connetion to the OS as a useable TCP/IP stack, which requires
JNI.

Hope this helps,

Frank

If I do not want to use JNI for OS-independent reason, could I still do that?

terry

Frank said:
I believe you're confused, JTAPI is intended to provide an programatic
interface to computer interactable call service centers, generally used in
small buisness to enterprise offices.

In your case, you'll find that many operating systems may auto-connect or
prompt the user to log in when no other connection is available if you so
much as connect a socket. In order for your program to attempt to make it's
own connection, regardless of how much work you do, you'ld still have to
register your connetion to the OS as a useable TCP/IP stack, which requires
JNI.

Hope this helps,

Frank

Do anyone know whether Java has solution api to do the dialup internet job?