    so is it a complicated task?

    Cheers,
    Freddy

    Freddy, May 8, 2007

  2. Freddy said:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Can you create dialog boxes (like a GUI) using the C language...

    Yes. Any possible computation can be computed in C. This includes the
    creation of dialog boxes. Nevertheless, the standard C language offers
    no direct support for them, so you will probably want to use a
    third-party library to help you out here. Alas, such libraries are not
    topical in comp.lang.c, but you will be able to find out what you need
    to know in a newsgroup such as, say, comp.unix.programmer or
    comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32, or indeed whatever group is
    applicable for your particular platform.

    > and if so is it a complicated task?

    It depends.

    --
    Richard Heathfield
    "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

    Richard Heathfield, May 8, 2007

  3. Freddy

    aleksa Guest

    > Can you create dialog boxes (like a GUI) using the C language...
    > and if so is it a complicated task?

    Try the link below, it will help you to use dialogs, and much, much
    more.
    Not complicated at all.

    --
    Generic Window Handler - easy dialogs & MDI - no MFC
    www.beotel.net/~gwh

    aleksa, May 8, 2007
  4. Freddy

    jacob.navia Guest

    Freddy a écrit :
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can you create dialog boxes (like a GUI) using the C language...and if
    > so is it a complicated task?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Freddy

    No, it is quite easy, once you know how to do it.

    :)

    This is done by the GUI that you are using. For instance using microsoft
    windows you will have one method, using linux GTK you will have another,
    and using the MacIntosh you will have yet another way of doing dialog
    boxes.

    There are some multi-platform libraries that allow you to specify your
    dialog in some language and then they will make it run in different
    platforms.

    jacob.navia, May 8, 2007
  5. Freddy

    Freddy Guest

    Thank you all for the replies...

    I feel already comfortable that it could be done and it shouldn't be
    too complicated...however is there a freeware library for that?

    Freddy, May 8, 2007
  6. Freddy wrote:
    > Thank you all for the replies...
    >
    > I feel already comfortable that it could be done and it shouldn't be
    > too complicated...however is there a freeware library for that?

    [You probably want to quote context when replying, as many threaded
    readers will lose the original posting.]

    Yes, many. Depends on your platform and the resources it makes
    available, and your requirements. Google comes back with a lot of hits
    for "free GUI library" which you could tweak with more specific criteria.
    --
    clvrmnky

    Direct replies will be blacklisted. Replace "spamtrap" with my name to
    contact me directly.

    Clever Monkey, May 8, 2007
  7. Freddy

    CBFalconer Guest

    Freddy wrote:

    > I feel already comfortable that it could be done and it shouldn't
    > be too complicated...however is there a freeware library for that?

    That what could be done? Etc. See below.

    --
    If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, ensure
    you quote enough for the article to make sense. Google is only

    CBFalconer, May 8, 2007