    Please note that all the examples I have seen refer to 'check boxes' or
    'buttons', but not to just words on the document.

    Thanks in advance!

    Jamiil, Aug 5, 2006

  2. Jamiil wrote:

    > In my webpage there are acronyms that need explanation
    > for that I would like to display tip bubbles

    Sharks With Frickin' <acronym title="Light Amplification by Stimulated
    Emission of Radiation">Laser</acronym> Beams Attached to Their Heads!

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Aug 5, 2006

  3. Jamiil

    Roger Guest

    Jamiil wrote:
    > In my webpage there are acronyms that need explanation, for that I
    > would like to display tip bubbles if possible, but I have not found any
    > information regarding this programming feature in the JavaScript
    > language. I would very much appreciate to know if this feature is part
    > of the JavaScript language.
    > What I am sure of is that JavaScript has a method that displays a
    > dialog box called 'alert(...).
    > I would like to display an alert dialog box when the user clicks on the
    > acronym. Can anyone tell me how to accomplish this though an example.
    > Please note that all the examples I have seen refer to 'check boxes' or
    > 'buttons', but not to just words on the document.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

    For tooltips with a bit more power, try:
    http://www.walterzorn.com/tooltip/tooltip_e.htm

    Roger

    Roger, Aug 5, 2006
  4. Jamiil

    Jamiil Guest

    Thank you so very much for the information, it is exactly what I was
    looking for, however, I am afraid that more help is need it.
    The tree structure of my working directory looks like this:
    /MyWebpage
    Index.html
    /icons
    /pictures
    /javascript
    wz_toolpit
    /timetable
    math.html
    english.html

    In the <body> of Index.html I added <script language="JavaScript"
    type="text/javascript" src="javascrpt/wz_tooltip.js"></script>

    Now, according to the documentation, I have the add the following line:
    </a>
    But I am confused about the meaning of the file and/or titles, for
    instance, would index.html be the file where the word I want to
    highlight and display information about in a 'tooltip' bubble is
    in? and what about Homepage, would this be the word that I want to make
    the magic on? If this is true, how do I go about is the word I want
    highlight exists more than once and I only want the tooltip to appear
    once in the document?

    I have not tried the program yet, I will do it when I get home, so I
    hope this questions don't sound to dumb for you; I am asking them
    just in case I am comfronted with this problem later on when I
    implement this information.

    Thanks folks!!

    Jamiil, Aug 10, 2006