Dialog Boxes and Tool tips - How?

Jamiil

In my webpage there are acronyms that need explanation, for that I
would like to display tip bubbles if possible, but I have not found any
information regarding this programming feature in the JavaScript
language. I would very much appreciate to know if this feature is part
of the JavaScript language.
What I am sure of is that JavaScript has a method that displays a
dialog box called 'alert(...).
I would like to display an alert dialog box when the user clicks on the
acronym. Can anyone tell me how to accomplish this though an example.
Please note that all the examples I have seen refer to 'check boxes' or
'buttons', but not to just words on the document.

Thanks in advance!

David Dorward

Jamiil said:
In my webpage there are acronyms that need explanation
for that I would like to display tip bubbles

Sharks With Frickin' <acronym title="Light Amplification by Stimulated
Emission of Radiation">Laser</acronym> Beams Attached to Their Heads!

Roger

Jamiil said:
In my webpage there are acronyms that need explanation, for that I
would like to display tip bubbles if possible, but I have not found any
information regarding this programming feature in the JavaScript
language. I would very much appreciate to know if this feature is part
of the JavaScript language.
What I am sure of is that JavaScript has a method that displays a
dialog box called 'alert(...).
I would like to display an alert dialog box when the user clicks on the
acronym. Can anyone tell me how to accomplish this though an example.
Please note that all the examples I have seen refer to 'check boxes' or
'buttons', but not to just words on the document.

Thanks in advance!

For tooltips with a bit more power, try:
http://www.walterzorn.com/tooltip/tooltip_e.htm

Roger

Jamiil

Thank you so very much for the information, it is exactly what I was
looking for, however, I am afraid that more help is need it.
The tree structure of my working directory looks like this:
/MyWebpage
Index.html
/icons
/pictures
/javascript
wz_toolpit
/timetable
math.html
english.html

In the <body> of Index.html I added <script language="JavaScript"
type="text/javascript" src="javascrpt/wz_tooltip.js"></script>

Now, according to the documentation, I have the add the following line:
</a>
But I am confused about the meaning of the file and/or titles, for
instance, would index.html be the file where the word I want to
highlight and display information about in a 'tooltip' bubble is
in? and what about Homepage, would this be the word that I want to make
the magic on? If this is true, how do I go about is the word I want
highlight exists more than once and I only want the tooltip to appear
once in the document?

I have not tried the program yet, I will do it when I get home, so I
hope this questions don't sound to dumb for you; I am asking them
just in case I am comfronted with this problem later on when I
implement this information.

Thanks folks!!