Dice Frequency Simulation

cb17890

Greetings! Thanks to all for your helpful suggestions regarding the
Dice Frequency Simulation. Russo's response was extremely helpful and
it simplified the problem. However, it was extremely difficult to
write the code. It took 2 days to write the code and it was still
incorrect. My major is Computer Science that is assuming that I pass
my first Computer Science course. My difficulties are with the logic
in writing pseudocode and translating the pseudocode into code
writing. The teacher has been extremely helpful and patient by
staying until midnight to assist me when class officially ends at
9:30pm. By completing the Labs and Programs for school assignments,
I'm learning more about pseudocode and code writing. However, this is
still a major weakness ultimately hindering success in class. The
textbook for class and the book Java for Dummies, 4th edition,
includes sample code. However, they fail to adequately target my
weakness because I need extra help!! With no success, I've searched
Borders, Barnes & Nobles, and online websites trying to find
supplemental information. The books and information that I found was
too technical or complicated and would not allow me to obtain a basic
grasp of pseudocode and code writing. If you know of any simplified
books, pamphlets or information focusing specifically upon pseudocode
and code writing would you please let me know.

Thanks for having this website!!!

Patricia Shanahan

[...]

I'm not sure there is anything that can be written that will give you a
basic grasp of code writing. It is a skill, so practice, practice, practice.

hard for you, try to make up a simpler one you can solve. Then see if
you can make it a bit more like the program you really want.

Don't worry too much about pseudocode. Even if it is required for your
class, it is not necessary for most programming, and it may be getting
in your way. For one thing, it tends to encourage coming up with a
complete solution before testing anything. If you work directly in Java,
you can test early, test often.

Patricia