    and code writing would you please let me know.

    Thanks for having this website!!!
    , Oct 16, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > Greetings! Thanks to all for your helpful suggestions regarding the
    > Dice Frequency Simulation. Russo's response was extremely helpful and
    > it simplified the problem. However, it was extremely difficult to
    > write the code. It took 2 days to write the code and it was still
    > incorrect. My major is Computer Science that is assuming that I pass
    > my first Computer Science course. My difficulties are with the logic
    > in writing pseudocode and translating the pseudocode into code
    > writing. The teacher has been extremely helpful and patient by
    > staying until midnight to assist me when class officially ends at
    > 9:30pm. By completing the Labs and Programs for school assignments,
    > I'm learning more about pseudocode and code writing. However, this is
    > still a major weakness ultimately hindering success in class. The
    > textbook for class and the book Java for Dummies, 4th edition,
    > includes sample code. However, they fail to adequately target my
    > weakness because I need extra help!! With no success, I've searched
    > Borders, Barnes & Nobles, and online websites trying to find
    > supplemental information. The books and information that I found was
    > too technical or complicated and would not allow me to obtain a basic
    > grasp of pseudocode and code writing. If you know of any simplified
    > books, pamphlets or information focusing specifically upon pseudocode
    > and code writing would you please let me know.

    I'm not sure there is anything that can be written that will give you a
    basic grasp of code writing. It is a skill, so practice, practice, practice.

    hard for you, try to make up a simpler one you can solve. Then see if
    you can make it a bit more like the program you really want.

    Don't worry too much about pseudocode. Even if it is required for your
    class, it is not necessary for most programming, and it may be getting
    in your way. For one thing, it tends to encourage coming up with a
    complete solution before testing anything. If you work directly in Java,
    you can test early, test often.

    Patricia
    Patricia Shanahan, Oct 16, 2007