did anybody play with python and window mobile broadband?

News123

Hi,

I'd like to use a mobile broadband device with a windows python app.
Did anybody play already with python and the window mobile broadband
interface?

I'm looking for examples:
- how to connect/disconnect a mobile broadband device (currently I use
rasdial. not sure it's the best solution)
- to obtain the device's current mode (GPRS / EDGE / . . . )
- to obtain the current signal level

Thanks a lot for any pointers

Sanjiva P.

I'm looking for examples:
- how to connect/disconnect a mobile broadband device (currently I use
rasdial. not sure it's the best solution)
- to obtain the device's current mode (GPRS / EDGE / . . . )
- to obtain the current signal level

Thanks a lot for any pointers

Well no examples,but most or all of it should work through AT commands.

Did you try plugging the mobile broadband interface in?

eglyph

I'd like to use a mobile broadband device with a windows python app.
Did anybody play already with python and the window mobile broadband
interface?

There was a discussion on this subject in some local forum recently. I
assume you're using PythonCE, right?

The best solution proposed there was to use ctypes and WinAPI. You can
find a relatively high level APIs to set up a connection (without need
to go too low level with AT commands) and make your own wrapper.

A good starting point can be found here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb416346.aspx
(it's not the only way to to things, btw).

News123

Hi Sanjiva,

Well no examples,but most or all of it should work through AT commands.
Thanks, yes AT commands would be fine.
How can I send AT commands, while another application / connection
mnager is using the modem?

I just don't know how to send AT commands to a connected modem.

Did you try plugging the mobile broadband interface in?

What do you mean with pluggging in?

ctypes?
or something else?

bye

News123

Hy Eglyph,

There was a discussion on this subject in some local forum recently. I
assume you're using PythonCE, right?

No I'm using C-Python on a small windows PC (Atom) with a USB Boradband
modem.

Could you forward me the discussion in case you remember the forum?

The best solution proposed there was to use ctypes and WinAPI. You can
find a relatively high level APIs to set up a connection (without need
to go too low level with AT commands) and make your own wrapper.

A good starting point can be found here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb416346.aspx
(it's not the only way to to things, btw).

Thanks, I'll read into it.

bye