Did multimap ever have a member "Cursor"?

Discussion in 'C++' started by Hans Merkl, Jan 21, 2004.

  1. Hans Merkl

    Hans Merkl Guest

    Hi,

    I have a very old piece of code which supposedly comes from OS/2. It looks
    like this:

    class indexTable:std::multimap<Type1,Type2>
    {

    };

    Later there is a piece of code like this:

    indexTable t;
    indexTable::Cursor c;

    Now the compiler complains it can't find Cursor.

    indexTable doesn't define any members so I assume Cursor must come from
    multimap. The multimap documentation I have doesn't mention Cursor, but
    since the code is very old, it might be that some older implementations
    defined it.

    Does anybody know more about this?

    Thanks

    Hans Merkl

    Hans Merkl, Jan 21, 2004

  2. "Hans Merkl" <> wrote...
    > I have a very old piece of code which supposedly comes from OS/2. It looks
    > like this:
    >
    > class indexTable:std::multimap<Type1,Type2>
    > {
    >
    > };
    >
    > Later there is a piece of code like this:
    >
    > indexTable t;
    > indexTable::Cursor c;
    >
    > Now the compiler complains it can't find Cursor.
    >
    > indexTable doesn't define any members so I assume Cursor must come from
    > multimap. The multimap documentation I have doesn't mention Cursor, but
    > since the code is very old, it might be that some older implementations
    > defined it.
    >
    > Does anybody know more about this?

    I don't know about what used to be, but AFAIR, the library _never_
    contained classes named starting with a capital letter.

    Victor

    Victor Bazarov, Jan 21, 2004