    I will be grateful if some one can help me understand the difference.

    Regards
    Ganesan

    =?Utf-8?B?R2FuZXNhbiBzZWx2YXJhag==?=, Jul 6, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?R2FuZXNhbiBzZWx2YXJhag==?=

    Karl Seguin Guest

    Application is thread-safe. The minute speed increase you get from using
    static variables doesn't mean much when you have to lock all access to them.

    If your data is readonly, you can use static variables (since you don't care
    if 2 users read at the same time)...or a constant if you know the data at
    design time...but I tend to prefer configuration values even for this...

    Karl

    --
    MY ASP.Net tutorials
    come!)