    2) explain why there are two variations.
    3) which one is more popular / secure / efficient

    Thanks

    twins, Nov 25, 2005

  2. twins

    zero Guest

    "twins" <> wrote in news:1132940569.489319.265540
    @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Please tell me the difference between http://jakarta.apache.org/ and
    > http://tomcat.apache.org/
    > Both are called tomcat and they both are used to run JSP and servlets.
    >
    > Do let me know
    > 1) what I have to get installed to run JSP and servlets on windows
    > 2) explain why there are two variations.
    > 3) which one is more popular / secure / efficient
    >
    > Thanks

    They're the same. In the http://jakarta.apache.org site, click on the
    "tomcat" link on the menu. You'll end up at http//tomcat.apache.org

    Basically, apache is a group of software projects. One of these projects
    is jakarta. Jakarta, in turn, is also a group of projects, one of which is
    tomcat. From the site: "Jakarta is organized into subprojects"

    So, to answer your questions:

    1) apache tomcat, part of the jakarta project
    2) there aren't
    3) since there is only version, both are equally good

    zero, Nov 25, 2005