Difference between <asp:textbox> and <input runat="server">

Guest

Hi all...

Both controls are server side. The former has more properties. Both may have
associated events that are ran at server.

Which one are recommended to use? is performance an issue? in what case I
can (or must) use the second?

If I want an input control that has specific font or color, I can use client
side <input> so I'm wondering if there is an advantage to use <input> as
server side control.

Can you clarify me this point, please?

Thanks in advance
Jaime

Mr Newbie

HTML Controls do not have the server side events that there comparative
controls have nor are they objects of the same type. Running HTML controls
As server controls gives you limited programatic control over their
attributes. For example one could set the SRC for a IFRAME this way.

Mr N . . . . 0O=<
Daaa Daaaa daaa Daaaa Da Daaaaaaa Daaaaa !!

neilmcguigan

that's not true, they have server events, but the names are different:

<asp:TextBox id="TextBox1" runat="server"
OnTextChanged="TextBox1_TextChanged"></asp:TextBox>

<input id="TextBox2" type="text" runat="server"
onserverchange="TextBox2_ServerChange" />

Mr Newbie

Hmmm, I appear to be talking bo**ocks.

Im sure there are other differences though.