Difference between aspx and asp

Guest

Very often it happens in our center that asp call works but aspx timeout. It
happen couple times per day for about 30 min period. Both are very simple
pages - just return current time. What can be reason for this?
(I doubt there is big activity from running .NET sites or services because
it also happens on some servers that only provide UI.)
Thanks

Ben Rush

More than likely poor design or programming. If it works in ASP then it
ought to work a lot better in ASPX.

Larry Bud

Very often it happens in our center that asp call works but aspx timeout. It
happen couple times per day for about 30 min period. Both are very simple
pages - just return current time. What can be reason for this?
(I doubt there is big activity from running .NET sites or services because
it also happens on some servers that only provide UI.)
Thanks

ASP pages and ASPX are handled by completely separate processes on the
server. There must be something in the event log, have you checked?