Difference between BINARY mode file opening and TEXT mode fileopening

manu

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me the difference of opening file in Binary
mode or in Text mode?

Barry Schwarz

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me the difference of opening file in Binary
mode or in Text mode?

Are you perhaps taking the same class as subramanian100in? In either
case, you can check the thread he (or she) started 8 hours earlier
with the subject "text and binary streams".

Falcon Kirtaran

Falcon Kirtaran

CBFalconer

Falcon said:
.... snip ...

Version: GnuPG v2.0.9 (GNU/Linux)

iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJJXt1EAAoJEKmxP9YxEE4rUUMQAL2P/pKoME4eMCy60AgSyyNy
.... snip ...

Please remove this. It is purposeless on Usenet, and an annoyance.

Richard

CBFalconer said:
... snip ...

Please remove this. It is purposeless on Usenet, and an annoyance.

Just to remind you, you self important arse, you were posting with a
double sig for a long long time despite many of us asking you very
nicely to remove it and pointing you to a free news service.

Default User

Richard said:
CBFalconer said:

It's his sig block. Yes, it's over-long. Is that your complaint
about it? If so, the complaint is hypocritical. If not, what,
precisely, are you complaining about?

I didn't see the original message, but what's quoted doesn't have the
standard signature separator.

Brian

Richard

Default User said:
I didn't see the original message, but what's quoted doesn't have the
standard signature separator.

Brian

Try learning how to use a news reader then and find the OP.

It was NOT his sig block. It was the PGP signature which rattled net
busy body and general hypocrite CBF.

FWIW, I think signing posts to usenet is pretentious and silly too, but
for Falconer, of all people, to complain keeping in mind his posting
history is simply beyond belief.

Try learning how to use a news reader then and find the OP.

I suspect that I didn't see if because I have the person killfiled.
It was NOT his sig block. It was the PGP signature which rattled net
busy body and general hypocrite CBF.

So you disagree with Mr. Heathfield.

Brian

Richard

I suspect that I didn't see if because I have the person killfiled.

The learn how to use a news reader and fetch the article anyway if you
are going to venture an incorrect comment on it. its called "fetch
parent" or similar.
So you disagree with Mr. Heathfield.

Who is "Mr Heathfield"? You mean Richard Heathfield? Why are you
mentioning him? Why should you care if I agree or disagree with him?

I am telling you what it was, not who I agree with or disagree with.

It was his pgp signing attachment.

So yes, Heathfield was wrong too if that's all you are worried about. He
was not wrong about CBF being a hypocritical busybody however.

Richard said:
Who is "Mr Heathfield"?

What the hell am I doing? Riley goes and changes his email and I don't
even notice. Sorry gang.

*replonk*

Brian