    Hi,

    Can anyone please tell me the difference of opening file in Binary
    mode or in Text mode?

    manu, Aug 24, 2008

  2. Re: Difference between BINARY mode file opening and TEXT mode file opening

    On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 23:12:41 -0700 (PDT), manu <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Can anyone please tell me the difference of opening file in Binary
    >mode or in Text mode?

    Are you perhaps taking the same class as subramanian100in? In either
    case, you can check the thread he (or she) started 8 hours earlier
    with the subject "text and binary streams".

    --
    Remove del for email

    Barry Schwarz, Aug 24, 2008

    Falcon Kirtaran, Jan 3, 2009
  4. Re: Difference between BINARY mode file opening and TEXT mode file opening

    Falcon Kirtaran <> writes:
    > manu wrote:
    >> Can anyone please tell me the difference of opening file in Binary
    >> mode or in Text mode?

    > In any modern operating system I can think of, the distinction is
    > completely archaic.

    Top-posting corrected. See:
    http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html
    http://www.cpax.org.uk/prg/writings/topposting.php

    Perhaps your definition of "modern" excludes MS Windows, but there
    definitely are systems where it makes a big difference.

    And wny are you responding to an article that was posted last August?

    Nokia

    Keith Thompson, Jan 3, 2009

    Falcon Kirtaran, Jan 3, 2009
  6. manu

    CBFalconer Guest

    Re: Difference between BINARY mode file opening and TEXT modefileopening

    Falcon Kirtaran wrote:

    .... snip ...

    > Version: GnuPG v2.0.9 (GNU/Linux)
    >
    > iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJJXt1EAAoJEKmxP9YxEE4rUUMQAL2P/pKoME4eMCy60AgSyyNy

    .... snip ...

    Please remove this. It is purposeless on Usenet, and an annoyance.

    Joyeux Noel, Bonne Annee, Frohe Weihnachten
    <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

    CBFalconer, Jan 4, 2009
  7. manu

    Richard Guest

    CBFalconer <> writes:

    > Falcon Kirtaran wrote:
    >>

    > ... snip ...

    >> Version: GnuPG v2.0.9 (GNU/Linux)
    >>
    >> iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJJXt1EAAoJEKmxP9YxEE4rUUMQAL2P/pKoME4eMCy60AgSyyNy

    > ... snip ...
    >
    > Please remove this. It is purposeless on Usenet, and an annoyance.

    Just to remind you, you self important arse, you were posting with a
    double sig for a long long time despite many of us asking you very
    nicely to remove it and pointing you to a free news service.

    --
    I'm not a person who particularly had heros when growing up.
    - Dennis Ritchie when asked about the hero worship coming from c.l.c

    Richard, Jan 4, 2009
  8. manu

    Default User Guest

    Richard Heathfield wrote:

    > CBFalconer said:
    >
    > > Falcon Kirtaran wrote:
    > >>

    > > ... snip ...

    > >> Version: GnuPG v2.0.9 (GNU/Linux)
    > >> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
    > >>
    > >> iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJJXt1EAAoJEKmxP9YxEE4rUUMQAL2P/pKoME4eMCy60AgSyyNy

    > > ... snip ...
    > >
    > > Please remove this. It is purposeless on Usenet, and an
    > > annoyance.

    > It's his sig block. Yes, it's over-long. Is that your complaint
    > about it? If so, the complaint is hypocritical. If not, what,
    > precisely, are you complaining about?

    I didn't see the original message, but what's quoted doesn't have the
    standard signature separator.

    Brian

    Default User, Jan 4, 2009
  9. manu

    Richard Guest

    "Default User" <> writes:

    > Richard Heathfield wrote:
    >
    >> CBFalconer said:
    >>
    >> > Falcon Kirtaran wrote:
    >> >>
    >> > ... snip ...

    >> > ... snip ...
    >> >
    >> > Please remove this. It is purposeless on Usenet, and an
    >> > annoyance.

    >> It's his sig block. Yes, it's over-long. Is that your complaint
    >> about it? If so, the complaint is hypocritical. If not, what,
    >> precisely, are you complaining about?

    > I didn't see the original message, but what's quoted doesn't have the
    > standard signature separator.
    >

    > Brian

    Try learning how to use a news reader then and find the OP.

    It was NOT his sig block. It was the PGP signature which rattled net
    busy body and general hypocrite CBF.

    FWIW, I think signing posts to usenet is pretentious and silly too, but
    for Falconer, of all people, to complain keeping in mind his posting
    history is simply beyond belief.

    Richard, Jan 4, 2009
  10. manu

    Richard wrote:

    > "Default User" <> writes:
    >
    > > Richard Heathfield wrote:

    > >> It's his sig block. Yes, it's over-long. Is that your complaint
    > >> about it? If so, the complaint is hypocritical. If not, what,
    > >> precisely, are you complaining about?

    > > I didn't see the original message, but what's quoted doesn't have

    > Try learning how to use a news reader then and find the OP.

    I suspect that I didn't see if because I have the person killfiled.

    > It was NOT his sig block. It was the PGP signature which rattled net
    > busy body and general hypocrite CBF.

    So you disagree with Mr. Heathfield.

    Brian

  11. manu

    Richard Guest

    "Default User" <> writes:

    > Richard wrote:

    >> > I didn't see the original message, but what's quoted doesn't have

    >> Try learning how to use a news reader then and find the OP.

    > I suspect that I didn't see if because I have the person killfiled.

    The learn how to use a news reader and fetch the article anyway if you
    are going to venture an incorrect comment on it. its called "fetch
    parent" or similar.

    >> It was NOT his sig block. It was the PGP signature which rattled net
    >> busy body and general hypocrite CBF.

    > So you disagree with Mr. Heathfield.

    Who is "Mr Heathfield"? You mean Richard Heathfield? Why are you
    mentioning him? Why should you care if I agree or disagree with him?

    I am telling you what it was, not who I agree with or disagree with.

    It was his pgp signing attachment.

    So yes, Heathfield was wrong too if that's all you are worried about. He
    was not wrong about CBF being a hypocritical busybody however.

    Richard, Jan 4, 2009
  12. manu

    Richard wrote:

    > "Default User" <> writes:

    > > So you disagree with Mr. Heathfield.
    > >

    > Who is "Mr Heathfield"?

    What the hell am I doing? Riley goes and changes his email and I don't
    even notice. Sorry gang.

    *replonk*

    Brian

    Default User, Jan 5, 2009