    or, is rb-rmagick something different from the gem called rmagick?

    Thanks!

    Pito

    Pito Salas, Apr 24, 2009

  2. Pito Salas

    Tim Hunter Guest

    Pito Salas wrote:
    > This is an instance of a more general question...
    >
    > What is the difference if I install a gem with gem install vs.
    > installing it with port (which I already use for other applications)
    >
    > or, is rb-rmagick something different from the gem called rmagick?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Pito

    The software is the same, but the packaging system is different. If you
    install RMagick using the gem command, then you manage it (update,
    remove, etc.) with the gem command. If you install RMagick with the port
    command then you manage it with the port command.

    But (version differences aside) RMagick is RMagick no matter how you
    install it.

    --
    RMagick: http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/

    Tim Hunter, Apr 24, 2009