  1. As far as I know one could use other xsd schemas with the import and the xlink feature.
    What are the differences (beside the syntax)?

    Bernd
    Bernd Oninger, Jun 29, 2004

  2. Re: Difference between <import ....xsd> and <xlink:href=.....xsd>????

    (Bernd Oninger) writes:

    > As far as I know one could use other xsd schemas with the import and
    > the xlink feature.

    > What are the differences (beside the syntax)?

    <xs:import namespace='...'> in a schema document enables the use of
    references to components defined in another schema for a different
    namespace.

    W3C XML Schema assigns no special semantics to the 'href' attribute in
    the XLink namespace, and conformant W3C XML Schema processors are
    _required_ to ignore it, along with all other explicitly
    namespace-qualified attributes, for schema-validity assessment
    purposes.

    ht
    Half-time member of W3C Team
    Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: