Difference between <import ....xsd> and <xlink:href=.....xsd> ????

Bernd Oninger

As far as I know one could use other xsd schemas with the import and the xlink feature.
What are the differences (beside the syntax)?

Bernd

Henry S. Thompson

As far as I know one could use other xsd schemas with the import and
the xlink feature.
What are the differences (beside the syntax)?

<xs:import namespace='...'> in a schema document enables the use of
references to components defined in another schema for a different
namespace.

W3C XML Schema assigns no special semantics to the 'href' attribute in
the XLink namespace, and conformant W3C XML Schema processors are
_required_ to ignore it, along with all other explicitly
namespace-qualified attributes, for schema-validity assessment
purposes.

ht
Half-time member of W3C Team
Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: (e-mail address removed)