    hope somebody will explain...

    thanks

    , Mar 13, 2006

  2. I don't think there is an "official" format for them. There is, however,
    official stuff for newsgroups, because they have their own protocol and
    stuff just like email does. How a site displays Message Boards and Forums
    all depends on how the site's designers chose to do it. My preference,
    however, is newsgroups because they have a consistent format and you can
    view newsgroups from the same server in the same application window with the
    same account, and you don't have to register for a username/password in most
    cases. I think the only reason people use Message Boards and Forums is
    because they are too "scared" of trying to learn another technology, I guess
    that's why so many of the popular newsgroups are about computers and
    technology. But using them isn't really that different from using email,
    except that you don't send the stuff to an individual (but you probably
    already knew all that, since I can see that you are already a newsgroup
    user). I have never heard anyone or anywhere say "That's a Message Board,
    not a Forum" or "That's a Forum, not a Message Board", so I think they are
    interchangeable.
    --
    Nathan Sokalski

    http://www.nathansokalski.com/