    "my_project.fdo" don't executing at the end wiew* or Add all...
    Where is the problem?

    best regards.

    Deville, Oct 29, 2003

  2. The main differences are :
    - XE accept only precompiled Xilinx libraries (no other manufacturer).
    - The simulation speed is 20 times slower on Xe as it is on Se.

    I Already had problems with Project Navigator and SE when I used it until I
    decide to managed it by myself (I made my own .do files with help of the
    ..prj file).

    I think that, if you have the chance to use SE... please, keep it (this is
    a question of respect for all thus who can't have SE because of the price
    !!! ;-) ).

    Regards

    JW

    Jérémie WEBER, Oct 29, 2003

  3. Deville

    fred Guest

    In article <bnoofe$bir$>, Jérémie WEBER
    <> writes

    >The main differences are :
    > - XE accept only precompiled Xilinx libraries (no other manufacturer).
    > - The simulation speed is 20 times slower on Xe as it is on Se.
    >
    >I Already had problems with Project Navigator and SE when I used it until I
    >decide to managed it by myself (I made my own .do files with help of the
    >.prj file).
    >
    >I think that, if you have the chance to use SE... please, keep it (this is
    >a question of respect for all thus who can't have SE because of the price
    >!!! ;-) ).
    >
    >Regards
    >
    >JW

    In summary, one is shit & one is expensive.

    To throttle the single vendor product artificially is just too much.

    ActiveHDL's single vendor offering is full speed btw . . . .
    --
    fred

    fred, Oct 29, 2003
  4. Deville

    David Bishop Guest

    The Modelsim XE that comes for "free" with your Xilinx install
    is limited to only about 500 lines of code. The Modelsim XE that
    you pay for is unlimited, but is actually modelsim PE (privite edition)
    which is performance wounded and can'd deal with PLIs.

    Modelsim SE (which is modelsim EE plus a few new toys) is the
    real professional version. Yes, it's pricy.

    Deville wrote:

    > I want to know the difference between modelsim XE and modesim SE?
    > I'm using modelsim SE 5.7d but i can't manage it with Project
    > navigator!
    > Modelsim closing after the compilation of my design. It's like
    > "my_project.fdo" don't executing at the end wiew* or Add all...
    > Where is the problem?

    Check for an "exit" at the end of your .do file. That would pop
    you out of the simulator. If you are running do files without
    an exit, you should see "paused" on the vsim line.

    --
    NAME: David W. Bishop INTERNET:

    David Bishop, Nov 1, 2003