    web service.

    Thanks,

    Eddie

    Eddie Leung, Oct 22, 2004

  2. Eddie Leung

    Dan Rogers Guest

    Hi Eddie,

    I'm assuming you're referring to the Visual Studio project types called Web
    Applicaiton and Web Service. In general, a web applicaiton is a web site -
    has visual interfaces, HTML, ASP pages, images, etc. A web service
    application is a headless (no visual interface) that exposes programming
    methods much like a function library would back in the old days. An
    ASP.Net web service is useful for exposing programming interfaces (as
    opposed to people interfaces) in a cross platform safe (mostly) manner.

    Hope this helps

    Dan Rogers
    Microsoft Corporation

    Dan Rogers, Nov 15, 2004