    blufox Guest

    What is difference between pass by address and pass by reference?
    Any pointers or links will be appreciated.
    blufox, Apr 3, 2006

  2. blufox

    Chris Dollin Guest

    blufox wrote:

    > What is difference between pass by address and pass by reference?
    > Any pointers or links will be appreciated.

    This is not a C question: comp.lang.misc or comp.programming would
    be better places.

    [I can hallucinate a difference, but I suspect I have idiosyncratic
    hallucinations.]

    --
    Chris "Faeries (Living At The Bottom Of The Garden)" Dollin
    Chris Dollin, Apr 3, 2006

  3. blufox

    pemo Guest

    blufox wrote:
    > What is difference between pass by address and pass by reference?
    > Any pointers or links will be appreciated.

    The term pass by reference is that often used [incorrectly] in 'C'
    texts in place of the correct term pass by address. Specifically, C
    does not have a pass by reference mechanism, but can 'fake' it quite
    well by passing addresses by value.

    The C++ language has 'proper' pass by reference - as well as by value
    and address.
    pemo, Apr 3, 2006