    Considering I'm a rookie,please don't interpret too abstract,it will be
    better if examples or common analogies including in your explanation!
    Any reply will be greatly appreciated!

    Jack Dowson, May 2, 2007

  2. Jack Dowson wrote:
    > I'm new to java!

    Please don't post 'tabs' to usenet.

    >...I'm now learning the multithreats of java!
    > I want to know the difference between process and threat?

    <http://www.google.com/search?q=define+threat>
    <http://www.google.com/search?q=define+thread>
    (subtle but important distinction in spelling)

    As to the question, I see relevant links within the top 5
    <http://www.google.com/search?q=computer+thread+process>

    HTH

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

    Andrew Thompson, May 2, 2007

  3. Jack Dowson

    Jack Dowson Guest

    Thank you very much!

    Andrew Thompson 写é“:
    > Jack Dowson wrote:
    > ..
    >> I'm new to java!

    > Please don't post 'tabs' to usenet.

    why?

    Jack Dowson, May 2, 2007
  4. Jack Dowson <> writes:

    > Andrew Thompson ŽÊ“¹:
    >>
    >> Please don't post 'tabs' to usenet.

    > why?

    It screws up indentation royally. If you use four chars per tab, someone
    who uses another number will have a difficult time reading your code.

    Spaces are no more difficult to use - most programmer's editors can be
    set to "auto expand" tabs to spaces.

    sherm--

    Sherm Pendley, May 2, 2007
  5. Jack Dowson

    Jack Dowson Guest

    Sherm Pendley ŽÊ“¹:
    > Jack Dowson <> writes:
    >
    >> Andrew Thompson ŽÊ“¹:
    >>> Please don't post 'tabs' to usenet.

    >> why?

    > It screws up indentation royally. If you use four chars per tab, someone
    > who uses another number will have a difficult time reading your code.
    >
    > Spaces are no more difficult to use - most programmer's editors can be
    > set to "auto expand" tabs to spaces.
    >
    > sherm--

    Thank you!

    Jack Dowson, May 2, 2007
  6. Jack Dowson

    Stefan Ram Guest

    Jack Dowson <> writes:
    >I want to know the difference between process and threat?

    Numbers have a difference, e.g., the difference between 4 and 2 is 2.

    Notions, in general, do not have a specific difference.

    What is the difference between the moon and the statue of liberty?

    When this question is posed, educated persons asked might give
    no answer or they might give an answer, but this in general
    will depend on the person answering. So there is no specific
    objective answer that is a function/property of the two
    notions only and independent of the person answering this
    question.

    Stefan Ram, May 2, 2007
  7. Jack Dowson

    Christian Guest

    Jack Dowson schrieb:
    > Hello EveryBody:
    > I'm new to java!I'm now learning the multithreats of java!
    > I want to know the difference between process and threat?
    > Considering I'm a rookie,please don't interpret too abstract,it will be
    > better if examples or common analogies including in your explanation!
    > Any reply will be greatly appreciated!

    A Process may contain several threads and has its own Memory.
    A process is what you usually know as a running program

    A Thread does not have its own Memory..so Threads can interact by
    accessing some Objects availabel to both.
    A Thread is hmm a path of execution.

    Example..

    If you start a javaprogram this programm is a process.
    the program is protected from other programs as it has an isolated
    address space (other programs can't change or read your variables...)

    The jvm will spawn one Thread to run your main() method.
    at the same time it will spawn another Thread .. the Garbage
    Collector... that will help you managing your Memory.

    hope that helps
    Christian

    Christian, May 3, 2007
  8. Jack Dowson

    Daniel Pitts Guest

    On May 2, 3:01 pm, -berlin.de (Stefan Ram) wrote:
    > Jack Dowson <> writes:
    > >I want to know the difference between process and threat?

    > Numbers have a difference, e.g., the difference between 4 and 2 is 2.
    >
    > Notions, in general, do not have a specific difference.
    >
    > What is the difference between the moon and the statue of liberty?
    >
    > When this question is posed, educated persons asked might give
    > no answer or they might give an answer, but this in general
    > will depend on the person answering. So there is no specific
    > objective answer that is a function/property of the two
    > notions only and independent of the person answering this
    > question.

    I would have said:
    A process is the way something gets done, and a Threat is what my wife
    gives me if I'm out to late. :)

    Daniel Pitts, May 3, 2007
  9. On Wed, 02 May 2007 13:19:55 -0400, Sherm Pendley wrote:
    > Jack Dowson <> writes:
    >
    >> Andrew Thompson ŽÊ“¹:
    >>>
    >>> Please don't post 'tabs' to usenet.

    >> why?

    > It screws up indentation royally. If you use four chars per tab,
    > someone who uses another number will have a difficult time reading
    > your code.

    What code did the OP post? Did anyone have any trouble reading his
    text?

    /gordon

    Gordon Beaton, May 3, 2007