Difference between process and threat?

Jack Dowson

Hello EveryBody:
I'm new to java!I'm now learning the multithreats of java!
I want to know the difference between process and threat?
Considering I'm a rookie,please don't interpret too abstract,it will be
better if examples or common analogies including in your explanation!
Any reply will be greatly appreciated!

Andrew Thompson

Jack Dowson wrote:
I'm new to java!

Please don't post 'tabs' to usenet.
...I'm now learning the multithreats of java!
I want to know the difference between process and threat?

<http://www.google.com/search?q=define+threat>
<http://www.google.com/search?q=define+thread>
(subtle but important distinction in spelling)

As to the question, I see relevant links within the top 5
<http://www.google.com/search?q=computer+thread+process>

HTH

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

Sherm Pendley

Jack Dowson said:
Andrew Thompson ŽÊ“¹:
why?

It screws up indentation royally. If you use four chars per tab, someone
who uses another number will have a difficult time reading your code.

Spaces are no more difficult to use - most programmer's editors can be
set to "auto expand" tabs to spaces.

sherm--

Jack Dowson

Sherm Pendley ŽÊ“¹:
It screws up indentation royally. If you use four chars per tab, someone
who uses another number will have a difficult time reading your code.

Spaces are no more difficult to use - most programmer's editors can be
set to "auto expand" tabs to spaces.

sherm--
Thank you!

Stefan Ram

Jack Dowson said:
I want to know the difference between process and threat?

Numbers have a difference, e.g., the difference between 4 and 2 is 2.

Notions, in general, do not have a specific difference.

What is the difference between the moon and the statue of liberty?

When this question is posed, educated persons asked might give
no answer or they might give an answer, but this in general
will depend on the person answering. So there is no specific
objective answer that is a function/property of the two
notions only and independent of the person answering this
question.

Christian

Jack said:
Hello EveryBody:
I'm new to java!I'm now learning the multithreats of java!
I want to know the difference between process and threat?
Considering I'm a rookie,please don't interpret too abstract,it will be
better if examples or common analogies including in your explanation!
Any reply will be greatly appreciated!

A Process may contain several threads and has its own Memory.
A process is what you usually know as a running program

A Thread does not have its own Memory..so Threads can interact by
accessing some Objects availabel to both.
A Thread is hmm a path of execution.

Example..

If you start a javaprogram this programm is a process.
the program is protected from other programs as it has an isolated
address space (other programs can't change or read your variables...)

The jvm will spawn one Thread to run your main() method.
at the same time it will spawn another Thread .. the Garbage
Collector... that will help you managing your Memory.

hope that helps
Christian

Daniel Pitts

Numbers have a difference, e.g., the difference between 4 and 2 is 2.

Notions, in general, do not have a specific difference.

What is the difference between the moon and the statue of liberty?

When this question is posed, educated persons asked might give
no answer or they might give an answer, but this in general
will depend on the person answering. So there is no specific
objective answer that is a function/property of the two
notions only and independent of the person answering this
question.

I would have said:
A process is the way something gets done, and a Threat is what my wife
gives me if I'm out to late. :)

Gordon Beaton

It screws up indentation royally. If you use four chars per tab,
someone who uses another number will have a difficult time reading
your code.

What code did the OP post? Did anyone have any trouble reading his
text?

/gordon