Difference between SDK and the VS2005 install?

clintonG

I forgot the distinction -- if any -- and wonder why I would want the SDK
installed if I had VS2005 Pro installed?

I've just learned the SDK requires SSE to be installed for QuickStart
samples. Does anybody know if there are SSE dependencies when VS2005 is
installed?

<%= Clinton Gallagher

Juan T. Llibre

Hi, Clinton.

re:
wonder why I would want the SDK installed if I had VS2005 Pro installed?

To run the SDK samples which involve data, of course.

;-)

The non-data samples (which are a lot...) run fine without SSE.

re:
Does anybody know if there are SSE dependencies when VS2005 is installed?

None whatsoever.

clintonG

Thanks Juan,

I picked up on this from you in another topic that is now a couple days old.
I uninstalled SSE because it failed to install correctly (could not create a
database) and am now I'm having problems trying to install SQL2005.
Installing 2.0 broke my application in several ways I'm still struggling to
understand staring with the database.

Have you observed any of my posts regarding the Website Administrator? Its
gone crazy on me. If you have any idea about the following please respond...

SQL Server 2005 Setup Fails. I've followed all the instructions but keep
getting this message:

* If SQL Server Setup fails, Setup will roll back the installation but may
not remove all .manifest files. The workaround is to rename the files and
then rerun Setup. For more information, see How to: Work Around COM+ Check
Failure in SQL Server Setup.

I've used web search and have posted to newsgroups. I'm out of options and
can't find the .mainfest files that I'm supposed to rename. Can you help?

<%= Clinton Gallagher