    or 7.1 or something else?

    Anyone got a clue, I lost it when they started with the .net notation :-(

    Regards, Ron AF Greve.
    Moonlit, Oct 8, 2003

  2. Moonlit

    Jack Klein Guest

    On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 21:38:45 +0200, "Moonlit"
    <> wrote in comp.lang.c++:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know the difference between vc7.0, vc7.1 and .net. On the
    > microsoft site and online stores I only see visual C++.net, yet on the
    > spirit site I see references to vc7.0 and 7.1. Is VC++.net the same as 7.0
    > or 7.1 or something else?
    >
    > Anyone got a clue, I lost it when they started with the .net notation :-(
    >
    > Regards, Ron AF Greve.

    Ask in one of the news:microsoft.public.* groups on Microsoft's
    msnews.microsoft.com server. Your question has nothing at all to do
    with the C++ language.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com
    Jack Klein, Oct 8, 2003

  3. Moonlit

    tom_usenet Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Does anyone know the difference between vc7.0, vc7.1 and .net. On the
    >microsoft site and online stores I only see visual C++.net, yet on the
    >spirit site I see references to vc7.0 and 7.1. Is VC++.net the same as 7.0
    >or 7.1 or something else?
    >
    >Anyone got a clue, I lost it when they started with the .net notation :-(

    A better place to ask VC specific questions is microsoft.public.vc,
    that's where the VC++ experts hang out.

    Tom
    tom_usenet, Oct 8, 2003
  4. Moonlit

    Moonlit Guest

    Hi,

    Ok, sorry I will ask in another group. Though I doubt that microsoft would
    agree that VC++ has nothing to do with C++ ;-)

    Regards, Ron AF Greve.

    "Jack Klein" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 21:38:45 +0200, "Moonlit"
    > <> wrote in comp.lang.c++:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Does anyone know the difference between vc7.0, vc7.1 and .net. On the
    > > microsoft site and online stores I only see visual C++.net, yet on the
    > > spirit site I see references to vc7.0 and 7.1. Is VC++.net the same as

    7.0
    > > or 7.1 or something else?
    > >
    > > Anyone got a clue, I lost it when they started with the .net notation

    :-(

    Moonlit, Oct 8, 2003
  5. Moonlit

    Moonlit Guest

    Hi,

    Ok, thanks I will ask my question there.

    Thanks for your help,

    Regards, Ron.

    Moonlit, Oct 8, 2003
  6. Jonathan Mcdougall, Oct 8, 2003
  7. Moonlit

    tom_usenet Guest

    On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 20:55:13 +0100, tom_usenet
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 21:38:45 +0200, "Moonlit"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Does anyone know the difference between vc7.0, vc7.1 and .net. On the
    >>microsoft site and online stores I only see visual C++.net, yet on the
    >>spirit site I see references to vc7.0 and 7.1. Is VC++.net the same as 7.0
    >>or 7.1 or something else?
    >>
    >>Anyone got a clue, I lost it when they started with the .net notation :-(

    >A better place to ask VC specific questions is microsoft.public.vc,
    >that's where the VC++ experts hang out.

    Probably make that microsoft.public.vc.language, the other group
    appears to be low traffic.

    Tom
    tom_usenet, Oct 8, 2003
  8. Moonlit

    Moonlit Guest

    Hi,

    Thanks, I do that too.

    Regards, Ron AF Greve

    Moonlit, Oct 8, 2003
  9. > > > Does anyone know the difference between vc7.0, vc7.1 and .net.

    > > No.
    > >
    > > http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9

    Please, do not top-post.

    > Ok, it is always difficult to see what the newsgroup is exactly about by
    > looking at the name.
    >
    > I have read the faq, that'll teach me not to make wrong posts here again

    ;-)

    > Regards, Ron AF Greve.

    Thank you for your comprehension!

    Jonathan
    Jonathan Mcdougall, Oct 8, 2003
  10. Moonlit

    Moonlit Guest

    Hi,

    Moonlit, Oct 8, 2003
  11. "Moonlit" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > Does anyone know the difference between vc7.0, vc7.1 and .net. On the

    Visual Studio 7.1 = VS.NET 2003 ; VS7.0 = VS.NET 2002

    the C++ compiler of vc7.1 is reportedly almost standard (if not used with
    ..NET CLI and GC extensions).

    just ignore the morons who refuse to understand your question because it is
    Micro$oft and it is EVIL.
    Michel de Becdelièvre, Oct 8, 2003
  12. Moonlit

    Moonlit Guest

    "Michel de Becdelièvre" <> wrote in message

    > "Moonlit" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > > Does anyone know the difference between vc7.0, vc7.1 and .net. On the

    > Visual Studio 7.1 = VS.NET 2003 ; VS7.0 = VS.NET 2002
    >
    > the C++ compiler of vc7.1 is reportedly almost standard (if not used with
    > .NET CLI and GC extensions).
    >
    > just ignore the morons who refuse to understand your question because it

    is
    > Micro$oft and it is EVIL.

    Thanks for your reply, I see they listed it as 2003 in the online store so
    it must be 7.1 then.

    Regards, Ron AF Greve

    Moonlit, Oct 8, 2003
  13. > > just ignore the morons who refuse to understand your question because it
    > is
    > > Micro$oft and it is EVIL.

    Mmm.. are you calling me a moron?

    Jonathan