Difference between vc7.0 vc7.1 and vc.net

Moonlit

Hi,

Does anyone know the difference between vc7.0, vc7.1 and .net. On the
microsoft site and online stores I only see visual C++.net, yet on the
spirit site I see references to vc7.0 and 7.1. Is VC++.net the same as 7.0
or 7.1 or something else?

Anyone got a clue, I lost it when they started with the .net notation :-(

Regards, Ron AF Greve.

Jack Klein

Hi,

Does anyone know the difference between vc7.0, vc7.1 and .net. On the
microsoft site and online stores I only see visual C++.net, yet on the
spirit site I see references to vc7.0 and 7.1. Is VC++.net the same as 7.0
or 7.1 or something else?

Anyone got a clue, I lost it when they started with the .net notation :-(

Regards, Ron AF Greve.

Ask in one of the groups on Microsoft's
msnews.microsoft.com server. Your question has nothing at all to do
with the C++ language.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

tom_usenet

Hi,

Does anyone know the difference between vc7.0, vc7.1 and .net. On the
microsoft site and online stores I only see visual C++.net, yet on the
spirit site I see references to vc7.0 and 7.1. Is VC++.net the same as 7.0
or 7.1 or something else?

Anyone got a clue, I lost it when they started with the .net notation :-(

A better place to ask VC specific questions is microsoft.public.vc,
that's where the VC++ experts hang out.

Tom

Moonlit

Hi,

Ok, sorry I will ask in another group. Though I doubt that microsoft would
agree that VC++ has nothing to do with C++ ;-)

Regards, Ron AF Greve.

Moonlit

Hi,

Ok, thanks I will ask my question there.

Thanks for your help,

Regards, Ron.

tom_usenet

A better place to ask VC specific questions is microsoft.public.vc,
that's where the VC++ experts hang out.

Probably make that microsoft.public.vc.language, the other group
appears to be low traffic.

Tom

Jonathan Mcdougall

Does anyone know the difference between vc7.0, vc7.1 and .net.
Please, do not top-post.
Ok, it is always difficult to see what the newsgroup is exactly about by
looking at the name.

I have read the faq, that'll teach me not to make wrong posts here again ;-)

Regards, Ron AF Greve.

Thank you for your comprehension!

Jonathan

Moonlit

Hi,

Ok, it is always difficult to see what the newsgroup is exactly about by
looking at the name.

I have read the faq, that'll teach me not to make wrong posts here again ;-)

Regards, Ron AF Greve.

Michel de Becdelièvre

Moonlit said:
Does anyone know the difference between vc7.0, vc7.1 and .net. On the

Visual Studio 7.1 = VS.NET 2003 ; VS7.0 = VS.NET 2002

the C++ compiler of vc7.1 is reportedly almost standard (if not used with
..NET CLI and GC extensions).

just ignore the morons who refuse to understand your question because it is
Micro$oft and it is EVIL.

Moonlit

Michel de Becdelièvre said:
Visual Studio 7.1 = VS.NET 2003 ; VS7.0 = VS.NET 2002

the C++ compiler of vc7.1 is reportedly almost standard (if not used with
.NET CLI and GC extensions).

just ignore the morons who refuse to understand your question because it is
Micro$oft and it is EVIL.

Thanks for your reply, I see they listed it as 2003 in the online store so
it must be 7.1 then.

Regards, Ron AF Greve