Difference betwen C++ and C#.

Bill Nicholson

Speaking in broad general terms...

C++ is based on a language that was invented a long time ago (in
computer science time). Way back then, execution speed and compilation
speed were much more of a consideration than they are now. The
designers were willing to give up some language safeguards in favor of
speed.

C++ is not as robust as a more modern language such as C# or Java. You
don't get the level of hand-holding that is available in those other
languages. It's easier to make mistakes and harder to find them after
the fact.

I've been programming in C and C++ for about 20 years, so I've seen
both sides of the coin. There are some applications for which C++ is a
good fit and some for which C# is a good fit. And some where you could
go either way.

Let the flaming begin!

Bill Nicholson
C++ dufus