differences between NET:LDAP and NET:LDAPapi

RMG

can someone point me to a documet(s) where the differences betwween thsse
two modules are hightlighted

specifically in the writing of an entry to the directory...

I have created the entry and am attempting to write using NET::LDAP but
keep getting an error

failed to add entry: Object class violation at ./e2.pl line 87

the code is as follows

$list{'entry'} = {
'objectClass' => ['top','mjDistributionList'],
'cn' => ["AUT"],
'mj_admin_passwd' => ["apassword"],
'mj_moderate' => ['TRUE'],
'owner' => [$list_owner],
'description' => ["AUT mailing list"],
'mj_approve_passwd' => ["aut.approve"],
'mj_submit_policy' => ["restricted"],
'mj_subscribe_policy' => ["closed"],
'mj_restrict_post' => \@senders,
'mj_DLMembers' => []
};

$ret = $ldap->add(dn=>$dn,attrs => [@$list{'entry'}]);

if ($ret != LDAP_SUCCESS){
$ret->code && warn "failed to add entry: ", $ret->error ;
} else {
print "Added $rdn successfully\n";
};

Is there any difference in how the two modules wrap the entry before they
add to the directory??

ronan