    Since the documentation isn't so thorough(and a bit because of my laziness),
    I thought I'd make request for usage accounts etc. stating the pros and
    cons of the aforementioned. Any notes would be appreciated.

    =?iso-8859-1?q?Elmo_M=E4ntynen?=, Jul 14, 2005

  2. =?iso-8859-1?q?Elmo_M=E4ntynen?=

    Guest

    "I was wondering about the differences with the referred libs and
    servers.
    Since the documentation isn't so thorough(and a bit because of my
    laziness), I thought I'd make request for usage accounts etc. stating
    the pros and cons of the aforementioned. Any notes would be
    appreciated."

    RDFLib is a thinner layer, more of the raw API. 4RDF adds in Versa
    query, a graph visualization tool, and multiple back ends. However,
    for the longest time the idea has been to merge the strengths of the
    two packages (big example: rdflib's parser is up to the latest round of
    specs. 4RDF's is not). As part of a client project I've actually
    begun the process of replacing 4RDF's parser with rdflib's in 4Suite (a
    separate add-on until the 4Suite 1.1. branch emerges).

    I'd say for now if you just need quick RDF parsing, and you're not also
    using plain XML, and stuff like Versa RDF query language aren't
    important to you, you'll get along just fine with rdflib.

    --
    Uche
    http://copia.ogbuji.net

    , Jul 15, 2005

  3. On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 09:50:38 -0700, uche.ogbuji wrote:

    > I'd say for now if you just need quick RDF parsing, and you're not also
    > using plain XML, and stuff like Versa RDF query language aren't
    > important to you, you'll get along just fine with rdflib.

    Thanks for the insight!

    =?iso-8859-1?q?Elmo_M=E4ntynen?=, Jul 19, 2005