differences in xmllib

Discussion in 'XML' started by maxwell@ldc.upenn.edu, Mar 21, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I am trying to validate an xml file against a (hand made) schema using
    xmllib. Under the version of xmllib that we have installed on a
    FreeBSD system, I get useful error msgs, like

    element c: Schemas validity error : Element 'c': This element
    is not expected. Expected is one of (dGroup, ...

    Under the version of xmllib I have installed under CygWin, I get
    relatively useless error msgs, like

    Element 'lxGroup' [CT local]: The element content is not valid.

    Both error msgs are produced using the same command line parameters (
    --noout --schema $(XSD_FILE) $(XML_DICT)). The (nice) FreeBSD xmllib
    reports it is "using libxml version 20618", while the (naughty) CygWin
    xmllib reports version 20616. The latter seems to be the latest
    available in the CygWin distribution, but I doubt that the version
    numbers account for the diff.

    How can I force the CygWin xmllib to do better error reporting?
    Alternatively, is there another tool that would be better for my
    purposes? (Maybe one that would report line numbers above 65535!)

    Thanks!

    Mike Maxwell

    , Mar 21, 2005