Differences of image values between J2SE and J2ME

logiclips

Hi,

On my mobile device, I take a snapshot with my J2ME application and
store this image as png. Then, I send it to my J2SE Application on my
PC. Now I look at the RGB values of the image on my PC and on my mobile
device (the images are equal).
I have recognized that the values are not equal! The differences are
between 0 to 3 value steps in each color channel.
Can someone explain me that? How can I make them equal?

In J2ME I'm using the javax.microedition.lcdui.Image class, in J2SE I
use java.awt.Image in combination with java.awt.image.BufferedImage.

Thanks,

Peter Vermeer

hank

this could be cos of the the color system difference in the 2
platforms.
windows has a 256bit or 16 bit color which you can set in display
properties.
if these 2 setting are incompatible you will see a difference.

logiclips

Hi,

Do you think that the different display systems are the reason? I don't
think so, because the images are exactly the same. I look at the RGB
values in exactly the same images on both platforms. It's not a matter
of how I conceive them. The physical values are different, e.g. the
first pixel of the image has the values 165 158 148 on my mobile device
and 164 158 151 on PC.

Peter