Different machines and ASPX web application

Just D.

Why same version working fine on one machine has a permanent bug when I
upload it to another remote machine and refuses to work at all from the
third machine working on my home LAN? All latest service packs and updates
are installed. I'm using WinXPPro on my local machine where it works fine,
Win2000Pro on my second machine on LAN where it complains about settings,
and Win2000 Advanced Server on the remote machine where it returns one bug.
When the application finishes it should redirect the user to one page, but
actually it shows the very last page as blank white field and shows Done in
the status bar.

I'm almost killed myself spending over three hours and trying to understand
the reason of these jokes. Same program, same files, same directory
structure, same web.config...

Maybe Machine.Config file? I got an illusion that IIS doesn't see the local
Web.Config file on my LAN machine because IE complains that some parameters
like customError="..." should be added, but these parameters exist and
correct!

Any advice or idea will be strongly appreciated. What should I look at?

P.S. All machines are extremely powerful, I don't care of memory or CPU
problems, the RAM is from 1 gig and upper, processor IP3.2HT. I have no
idea...

Just D.

Kevin Spencer

Your question does not contain specific enough information to answer:
refuses to work at all from the
third machine working on my home LAN?

"Refuses to work" describes nothing, other than a generalized idea that
something is wrong, which we already know.
Win2000Pro on my second machine on LAN where it complains about settings,

"Complains about settings" describes nothing, other than a generalized idea
that something is wrong, having something to do with "settings" which is not
defined or described.
and Win2000 Advanced Server on the remote machine where it returns one
bug.

"One bug" describes nothing, other than a generalized idea that something is
wrong, which we already know.
When the application finishes it should redirect the user to one page, but
actually it shows the very last page as blank white field and shows Done in
the status bar.

"The application is finished" is confusing the h*ll out of me. When is an
ASP.Net application finished? The only thing I know is that if no requests
are received for 20 minutes, the application closes. However, that wouldn't
redirect anyone anywhere. What are you not describing here?

Could you please describe in detail the exact nature of the poroblems?

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Scott Allen

Hi Just D.

You have to tell us what the error message is. If you are not seeing
the exception, make sure to set customErrors to Off. It could be the
result of any number of problems that differ between environments: a
database that cannot be reached or is not present, security
permissions set differently, etc...