Different session timeouts between ASP and ASP.Net

davidanoble

We are converting our classic ASP application to ASP.Net, albeit
slowly and have come across a problem.

A user navigates through the existing application (classic ASP). Then
navigates to the new ASP.Net page, spending 30 minutes there working
away, selecting data, then tries to get back to the ASP page.
Meanwhile, the classic ASP page has timed out.

Is there any way to keep the ASP session alive whilst the ASP.Net
session is being used?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure we are not the first
to come across this problem.