Different TD style defintion per table?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Bardo, Jul 11, 2004.

  1. Bardo

    Bardo Guest

    I've got a problem that I'm hoping you guys can help with. Basically I want
    to use two or more tables, each with their own 'TD' style tag so that I can
    use a different typeface/size in each table. The problem I'm encountering is
    that the very first TD style that I define is globally used in all the
    tables. Is there any way to define a 'TD' stylesheet tag so that it is
    *local* to a particular table without having to assign a 'style' to each and
    every <TD> tag within that table? Here's the basic layout of what I'm trying
    to achieve...

    <stylesheet definition for TD for maintable>

    <maintable>

    <subtable>
    <stylesheet definition for TD within subtable>
    <endsubtable>

    <subtable>
    <stylesheet definition for TD within subtable>
    <endsubtable>

    <endmaintable>

    Apologies if I'm being a bit vague!!!

    Bardo, Jul 11, 2004

  2. Bardo

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:>
    Bardo <> said:

    > I've got a problem that I'm hoping you guys can help with.

    i recommend a css tutorial for such basic issues.

    > Basically I want to use two or more tables, each with their own 'TD'
    > style tag so that I can use a different typeface/size in each table.

    td{ ... style for all <td>s on page ...}

    ..table01 td{... style for table one <td>s... }
    ..table02 td{... style for table two <td>s... }

    etc

    --
    b r u c i e

    brucie, Jul 11, 2004

  3. Bardo wrote:

    > <stylesheet definition for TD for maintable>
    > <maintable>
    > <subtable>
    > <stylesheet definition for TD within subtable>
    > <endsubtable>
    > <subtable>
    > <stylesheet definition for TD within subtable>
    > <endsubtable>
    > <endmaintable>

    Do you mean you're trying to do something like the following?

    table {...}
    table {...}
    table {...}

    If so, that's totally broken. Go back and read a *basic* CSS tutorial.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Jul 11, 2004
  4. Bardo

    Bardo Guest

    "brucie" <> wrote in message
    > in post: <news:>
    > Bardo <> said:
    >
    >> I've got a problem that I'm hoping you guys can help with.

    > i recommend a css tutorial for such basic issues.

    You're probably very right, Brucie.

    Thanks for the info, though - very helpful indeed! :)

    Bardo, Jul 11, 2004