Different TD style defintion per table?

Bardo

I've got a problem that I'm hoping you guys can help with. Basically I want
to use two or more tables, each with their own 'TD' style tag so that I can
use a different typeface/size in each table. The problem I'm encountering is
that the very first TD style that I define is globally used in all the
tables. Is there any way to define a 'TD' stylesheet tag so that it is
*local* to a particular table without having to assign a 'style' to each and
every <TD> tag within that table? Here's the basic layout of what I'm trying
to achieve...

<stylesheet definition for TD for maintable>

<maintable>

<subtable>
<stylesheet definition for TD within subtable>
<endsubtable>

<subtable>
<stylesheet definition for TD within subtable>
<endsubtable>

<endmaintable>

Apologies if I'm being a bit vague!!!

brucie

in post: <
Bardo said:
I've got a problem that I'm hoping you guys can help with.

i recommend a css tutorial for such basic issues.
Basically I want to use two or more tables, each with their own 'TD'
style tag so that I can use a different typeface/size in each table.

td{ ... style for all <td>s on page ...}

..table01 td{... style for table one <td>s... }
..table02 td{... style for table two <td>s... }

etc

Toby A Inkster

Bardo said:
<stylesheet definition for TD for maintable>
<maintable>
<subtable>
<stylesheet definition for TD within subtable>
<endsubtable>
<subtable>
<stylesheet definition for TD within subtable>
<endsubtable>
<endmaintable>

Do you mean you're trying to do something like the following?

table {...}
table {...}
table {...}

If so, that's totally broken. Go back and read a *basic* CSS tutorial.

Bardo

brucie said:
in post: <

i recommend a css tutorial for such basic issues.

You're probably very right, Brucie.

Thanks for the info, though - very helpful indeed! :)