Different Tooltip for each Item in dropdownlist using ASP.NEt with

Guest

How to get different tooltip for each listitem in dropdownlist in ASP.NET
with C#. I am binding dropdownlist using database. Ofcourse each item in
dropdownlist will be different.

kindly do help me.

John Saunders [MVP]

Padam said:
How to get different tooltip for each listitem in dropdownlist in ASP.NET
with C#. I am binding dropdownlist using database. Ofcourse each item in
dropdownlist will be different.

kindly do help me.

I'm not sure there's a simple way to do that. How would you do it in HTML?

bruce barker

there is no builtin way. the best to hook to the onchange and onfocus
events and display a floating div.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

John Saunders [MVP]

Padam said:
I have to do in code behind file of aspx.cs file (using C#).

Well, no. In the codebehind, you need to generate HTML. It's the HTML that's
going to display in the user's browser.

My question was meant to get you to ask yourself what HTML you want sent to
the user's browser. Then we can help you determine how to generate that HTML
in the codebehind file.