Different way to using idref with more than one XML file ??

Discussion in 'XML' started by jacquesh, Nov 8, 2006.

  1. jacquesh

    jacquesh Guest

    HI all

    I'm looking for different ways to using idref with more than one XML
    file ??

    My case ::

    2 xml files {labo.xml, contact.xml}

    I found a method which use an include via '<!ENTITY...' like

    -------
    <!DOCTYPE contact_labos SYSTEM "./contact.dtd" [
    <!ENTITY LAB SYSTEM "labo.xml">
    ]>
    &LAB;
    -------

    and now I can use idref in contact.xml with value writed in labo.xml
    (IF LABO.XML DO NO CONTAIN DOCTYPE STATEMENT).

    do you know another method to use IDREF with multiple xml file ?

    thanks for your help.

    Jacques H.
    jacquesh, Nov 8, 2006

  2. jacquesh wrote:
    > do you know another method to use IDREF with multiple xml file ?

    XML IDs and IDREFs are only defined within a single document. You may be
    looking for the XLink and/or XPointer conventions...

    Joseph Kesselman, Nov 8, 2006

  3. jacquesh

    jacquesh Guest

    XPointer solve my problem.