Different WSDL generated?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Stefan, Oct 26, 2005.

  1. Stefan

    Stefan Guest

    Hi,

    I've build a webservice as simpel as can be, not using any attributes but
    the namespace definition on the webservice class.
    All works fine in my development environment, but when I install it at the
    customer it suddenly generate a different WSDL.
    The only acctual diff is that at my customer I get a wsdl prefix and on my
    local server I don't

    -- customer wsdl --

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <wsdl:definitions xmlns:http="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/"
    xmlns:s="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
    xmlns:tns="http://www.scandisys.se/"
    xmlns:tm="http://microsoft.com/wsdl/mime/textMatching/"
    targetNamespace="http://www.scandisys.se/"
    xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/">
    <wsdl:types>

    -- local wsdl --

    xmlns:s="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:s0
    ="http://www.scandisys.se/"
    xmlns:tm="http://microsoft.com/wsdl/mime/textMatching/"
    targetNamespace="http://www.scandisys.se/"
    <types>

    Not much of a problem, but the MSSoap.SoapClient that i use as client
    doesn't seem to handle the wsdl prefixing.

    Can anyone explain why the same program generates two different WSDL
    depending on where I install it?
    Can someone tell me how I can avoid it?

    Current workaround is to save my local version as a file and use the file
    to initiate the soap client. I would like to be able to use
    http://host/service.asmx?wsdl.

    /Stefan
    Stefan, Oct 26, 2005