differentiating SELECT elements

C

Csaba2000

With most HTML elements (that I run into), if you set their style.border attribute you get an element that is
visually differentiated from an element without that attribute being set. Some exceptions to this are the TBODY, TR,
and SELECT elements, where this attribute seems to have no effect. My question is: is there a simple minded way,
without structural alteration, to effect a visual change in the SELECT element below?

By simple minded, I'm after putting in an attribute into the <Select ...> portion (or corresponding CSS). By
"without structural alteration", I mean that I'd like to avoid solutions like bracketing the whole
<Select>...</Select> with a <SPAN Style='border:red double 2px'> or <DIV...> element where that element's border is
set. The solution doesn't need to involve borders. For example, a color might change. This only needs to work on
IE 5.5+ since I'm just making this for me.

Thanks,
Csaba Gabor from New York

<Select>
<option>Val 1</option>
<option>Option 2</option>
</Select>

Ask a Question