Difficult Perl DBI Question, multiple charsets

Frank Boegner

Is there an easy way to switch between different charsets when
connecting to a mysql server via DBI?

I have a list of several countries which have to be queried and
sorted. The result has to be displayed in different languages. Of
course, the order in which my results are sorted depend on the charset
I use. Therefore I want to use different charsets on establishing the
connection as I need them. Can this be done this way, or must I start
the mysql server with the desired charset?

Frank