difficult xsl transform clarification

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Greg, Dec 19, 2003.

  1. Greg

    Greg Guest

    A and B can be anything, another words those elements are variable.

    I need to transform:
    <A> x <\A>
    <A> y <\A>
    <B> i <\B>
    <B> j <\B>
    <B> k <\B>

    into:
    <A>
    <P> x <\P>
    <P> y <\P>
    </A>
    <B>
    <P> i <\P>
    <P> j <\P>
    <P> k <\P>
    </B>

    There seems no easy way to do that. Am I missing somethig? I tried
    using variables, but they cannot be reassigned within the same
    context. Anyone?

    Thx
    Greg, Dec 19, 2003

  2. Greg

    Colin Savage Guest

    You want to do grouping. The agreed best method is the meunchian method
    which you can find here

    http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/grouping/index.html

    Also if you search through the archives of this group, there is a
    modification using the exslt distinct function.

    Colin

    Colin Savage, Dec 19, 2003