Difficulties positioning form elements using CSS (also with making the code validate)

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Deryck, Oct 7, 2004.

  1. Deryck

    Deryck Guest

    Hello,

    I am trying to position some form elements "tidily" using CSS rather than a
    table. 2 of the elements are lower than I want them to be and I cannot seem
    to find a way to raise them to be inline with the other graphics on that
    page.

    Example is here:
    http://www.longhope.co.uk/form_problem

    Additionally I get 4 validation errors that I dont understand.

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    Cheers,

    Deryck

    Deryck, Oct 7, 2004

  2. Deryck

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Deryck said:

    > Hello,

    g'day

    > I am trying to position some form elements "tidily" using CSS rather than a
    > table.

    you'll need one of the techniques to hide the css from old browsers like
    NS4.x. it got very confused with css positioned form elements

    > 2 of the elements are lower than I want them to be and I cannot seem
    > to find a way to raise them to be inline with the other graphics on that
    > page.
    > Example is here:
    > http://www.longhope.co.uk/form_problem

    its a bit quick and dirty but i like it like that:
    http://moreshit.usenetshit.info/positioned-form-elements-thingy.shit

    font size may be an issue with some browsers

    --
    i t ' s t h e l i t t l e v o i c e s

    brucie, Oct 7, 2004

  3. Deryck

    Deryck Guest

    Deryck, Oct 8, 2004
  4. Deryck

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Re: Difficulties positioning form elements using CSS (also withmaking the code validate)

    Deryck wrote:
    > "brucie" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>its a bit quick and dirty but i like it like that:
    >>http://moreshit.usenetshit.info/positioned-form-elements-thingy.shit
    >>

    > Brucie, you are a star. Many thanks.
    >
    > Deryck

    No, he's a lamb with little voices