Difficulties using TableSorter class from Sun's tutorial.

Robert

Hi

I needed sortable table so I used TableSorter class from
Sun's JTable tutorial ("How to Use Tables").
Here is what I got:

class MASortableTable extends JScrollPane
{
JTable table;
MyTableModel myModel;
private TableSorter sorter;

public MASortableTable()
{
this(new Vector());
} // MASortableTable()

/** Construktor
* @param l list containing table model data
*/
public MASortableTable(List l)
{
myModel = new MyTableModel(l);
TableSorter sorter = new TableSorter(myModel);
table = new JTable(sorter);
table.setSelectionMode(ListSelectionModel.SINGLE_SELECTION);
sorter.addMouseListenerToHeaderInTable(table);
this.getViewport().add(table, null);
} // MASortableTable()

class MyTableModel extends AbstractTableModel {

} // class MyTModel

} // class MASortableTable

I am using AbstractTableModel because I am dynamically deleting and adding
rows to the table.

I would like MASortableTable to extend only JTable
(eg.
class MASortableTable extends JTable
{
public MASortableTable(sorter)
{
super(sorter);
setSelectionMode(ListSelectionModel.SINGLE_SELECTION);
sorter.addMouseListenerToHeaderInTable(this);
} // MASortableTable()

} ), but don't know how to do it.

Robert

Paul Lutus

Robert wrote:

} ), but don't know how to do it.

Don't know how to do what? You listed some source code without any
commnents, and you didn't state a problem.

To get help, you need to be specific. Did the code compile? Did it do what
you expected?

Robert

Uzytkownik "Paul Lutus said:
Robert wrote:

Don't know how to do what? You listed some source code without any
commnents, and you didn't state a problem.

To get help, you need to be specific. Did the code compile? Did it do what
you expected?

Here I repeat, from my previous post, what I want to do,
because some people apparently CAN'T read:

I would like MASortableTable to extend only JTable
(eg.
class MASortableTable extends JTable
{
public MASortableTable(sorter)
{
super(sorter);
setSelectionMode(ListSelectionModel.SINGLE_SELECTION);
sorter.addMouseListenerToHeaderInTable(this);
} // MASortableTable()

} ),
but don't know how to do it.

Here is the whole class MASortableTable,
comments are in Polish.

import java.awt.event.*;
import javax.swing.*;
import javax.swing.event.*;
import javax.swing.table.*;
import java.util.*;

/**
* Tablica umieszczona w JScrollPane
* pozwalajaca na sortowanie wierszy wg wybranej kolumny
*/
class MASortableTable extends JScrollPane // JTable
{
JTable table;
MyTableModel myModel;
private TableSorter sorter;

/**
* Bezparametrowy konstruktor
*/
public MASortableTable()
{
this(new Vector());
} // MASortableTable()

/** Konstruktor
* @param l lista zawierajaca dane modelu tablicy MyTModel
*/
public MASortableTable(List l)
{
myModel = new MyTableModel(l);
TableSorter sorter = new TableSorter(myModel);
table = new JTable(sorter);
table.setSelectionMode(ListSelectionModel.SINGLE_SELECTION);
sorter.addMouseListenerToHeaderInTable(table);
this.getViewport().add(table, null);
} // ManageAddressesSTable()

// /**
// * Ustawia tablice indeksy wierszy
// */
// public void setIndexes(int[] indexes)
// {
// sorter.indexes = indexes;
// }

public void addListSelectionListener(ListSelectionListener lslistener)
{
ListSelectionModel lsm = table.getSelectionModel();
lsm.addListSelectionListener(lslistener);
}

// public void addMouseListener(MouseListener ml)
// {
// table.addMouseListener(ml);
// }

//----------------------- klasa MyTableModel ----------------------------//

/**
* Model danych tabeli
*/
class MyTableModel extends AbstractTableModel {

final public String name = "Name";
final public String email = "Email Address";

/**
* Przechowuje dane modelu. Po zmianie na ArrayList
* wystapily bledy w dzialaniu.
*/
private Vector data = null;
private int NUM_COLUMNS = 2;
// protected static int START_NUM_ROWS = 5;
private int nextEmptyRow = 0;
private int numRows = 0;

//-------------------- Metody -----------------------------------//

public MyTableModel() {
data = new Vector();
}

public MyTableModel(List l) {
data = new Vector(l);
numRows = data.size();
nextEmptyRow = data.size();
}

public String getColumnName(int column) {
switch (column) {
case 0:
return name;
case 1:
return email;
}
return "";
}

public int getColumnCount() {
return NUM_COLUMNS;
}

public int getRowCount() {
// if (numRows < START_NUM_ROWS) {
// return START_NUM_ROWS;
// } else {
// return numRows;
// }
return numRows;
}

public Object getValueAt(int row, int column) {
try {
Entry e = (Entry)data.elementAt(row);
switch (column) {
case 0:
return e.getName();
case 1:
return e.getEmail();
}
} catch (Exception ex) {
ex.printStackTrace();
}
return "";
}

/**
* Zwraca wszystkie wiersze modelu
* @return Lista zawierajaca wszystkie wiersze modelu
*/
public List getData()
{
return new ArrayList(data);
}

/**
* Dodaje wiersz do modelu
* @param entry dodawany obiekt typu Entry
*/
public void addRow(Entry entry)
{
int index;
++numRows;
index = nextEmptyRow;
data.addElement(entry);
++nextEmptyRow;

//zawiadom sluchaczy o zmianie danych
fireTableRowsInserted(index, index);
} // addRow()

/**
* Usuwa wiersz z modelu
* @param email wartosc kolumny Email usuwanego wiersza
* @throws Exception jezeli nie znaleziono wiersza do usuniecia
*/
public void deleteRow(String email) throws Exception
{
Entry e = null;
boolean found = false;
int index = 0;

while (!found && (index < nextEmptyRow)) {
e = (Entry)data.elementAt(index);
if (e.getEmail() == email) {
found = true;
}
else {

if (found) { //usun wiersz
data.removeElementAt(index);
--numRows;
--nextEmptyRow;
//zawiadom sluchaczy o zmianie danych
fireTableRowsDeleted(index, index);
}
else { //zglos wyjatek
throw new Exception("deleteRow(): the row wasn't found.");
}
} // deleteRow()

/**
* Edytuje wiersz w modelu
* @param email wartosc kolumny Email edytowanego wiersza
* @throws Exception jezeli nie znaleziono wiersza do edycji
*/
public void editRow(String email) throws Exception
{
Entry e = null;
boolean found = false;
int index = 0;

while (!found && (index < nextEmptyRow)) {
e = (Entry)data.elementAt(index);
if (e.getEmail() == email) {
found = true;
}
else {

if (found) { //edytuj wiersz
e = AddAddress.runAddAddress(e.getName(), e.getEmail(), false);
if(e != null) // zmieniono wiersz i nie jest on pusty
data.setElementAt(e,index);
//zawiadom sluchaczy o zmianie danych
fireTableRowsUpdated(index, index);
}
else { //zglos wyjatek
throw new Exception("editRow(): the row wasn't found.");
}
} // editRow()

} // class MyTModel

} // class MASortableTable

Robert

Tris Orendorff

Don't know how to do what? You listed some source code without any
comments, and you didn't state a problem.