Difficulty finding Python employer

Discussion in 'Python' started by Anton Vredegoor, Apr 15, 2004.

  1. Will send no resume. Can't stand hype. Must telecommute.

    Anton
    Anton Vredegoor, Apr 15, 2004

  2. In article <407e9164$0$122$>, Anton Vredegoor wrote:
    > Will send no resume. Can't stand hype. Must telecommute.

    That could explain your difficulty...
    Dave Benjamin, Apr 18, 2004

  3. Dave Benjamin:

    >> Will send no resume. Can't stand hype. Must telecommute.

    >That could explain your difficulty...

    Yes, my resume is less than useless. An academic education as a social
    scientist, a few years work at a university followed by a lot of years
    of unemployment, very lightly sprinkled by short term programming
    jobs.

    The other conditions I also can't do much about except switching
    identity and relocating.

    Anton
    Anton Vredegoor, Apr 18, 2004
  4. Anton Vredegoor

    pygeek[spam] Guest

    Anton Vredegoor wrote:
    > Dave Benjamin:
    >

    >>>Will send no resume. Can't stand hype. Must telecommute.

    >>That could explain your difficulty...

    > Yes, my resume is less than useless. An academic education as a social
    > scientist, a few years work at a university followed by a lot of years
    > of unemployment, very lightly sprinkled by short term programming
    > jobs.
    >
    > The other conditions I also can't do much about except switching
    > identity and relocating.
    >
    > Anton

    Chin up man, when you renew the way you see things, the
    possibilities are infinite. The brave lives, the cautious never do.

    ---Daniel Han
    pygeek[spam], Apr 18, 2004
  5. In article <40824dca$0$136$>, Anton Vredegoor wrote:
    > Dave Benjamin:
    >
    >>> Will send no resume. Can't stand hype. Must telecommute.

    >>That could explain your difficulty...

    > Yes, my resume is less than useless. An academic education as a social
    > scientist, a few years work at a university followed by a lot of years
    > of unemployment, very lightly sprinkled by short term programming
    > jobs.

    You could always invent a programming language; it seems to have helped
    Guido segue into the commercial work force. =) The light sprinkling of
    temporary work will probably hurt you. I got a hard time from employers for
    that, even though a) I was in school, b) short-term job-hopping was
    practically the norm for the tech industry until a few years ago.

    But in any case, I didn't mean to mock you, I honestly thought you were
    either joking or that I was misreading or misunderstanding your message.

    > The other conditions I also can't do much about except switching
    > identity and relocating.

    Well, if you truly must telecommute, I can't say that you picked a
    particularly bad field. =) Also, keep in mind that an open source project
    can make a nice resume builder, and give you experience, and give you the
    opportunity to network (in the social sense) and meet people that just might
    be instrumental to your future.

    Best wishes,
    Dave

    --
    ..:[ dave benjamin: ramen/[sp00] -:- spoomusic.com -:- ramenfest.com ]:.
    : please talk to your son or daughter about parametric polymorphism. :
    Dave Benjamin, Apr 19, 2004