difficulty with Ajax

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Darren Evans, Oct 19, 2006.

  1. Darren Evans

    Darren Evans Guest

    I have a difficult using Ajax and wondered whether anyone has the
    expertise to advise me how to proceed?

    1. We start at edit - this calls a partial form, which then calls a
    series of partials (which themselves call partials sometimes). If we
    take the case of features, the form goes:

    edit - _form - _features - _feature

    2. Updates are made in the controller, then there is a re-direct to
    update.rjs (this works it gets there).

    3. We have:

    page.replace_html("features" , :partial => 'features' , :eek:bject =>
    @features)

    page[:features].visual_effect :highlight, :startcolor => "#88ff88",
    :endcolor => "#114411"

    I have tried many permutations of the above (and trying to use form),
    but it will not work...

    4. Now I would like to return to edit, but show a visual effect on
    features to show that the update has occured

    I fear that restructuring may be required, because may have to be in
    edit. Any advice would be really appreaciated

    Regards

    Darren

    Darren Evans, Oct 19, 2006