    Can anyone help me with this. It's pretty urgent.

    Thanks

    Tony

    root, Jul 5, 2004

  2. root

    Tony Curtis Guest

    >> On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 17:26:15 +0100,
    >> root <> said:

    > Sorry for my ignornance, but I need to install the
    > Digest::Base CPAN module into the default Perl 5.8.0 install
    > of RH9.0 to satisfy some dependancies, but cannot obviously
    > work out how to do it (there is no Makefile.PL).

    > Can anyone help me with this. It's pretty urgent.

    # perl -MCPAN -e 'install Digest::Base'

    Tony Curtis, Jul 5, 2004

  3. root <> wrote:
    ^^^^ ^^^^

    You are not really running your newsreader as the superuser, are you?

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming

    Tad McClellan, Jul 5, 2004
  4. root

    root Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 17:26:15 +0100, root wrote:

    > Sorry for my ignornance, but I need to install the Digest::Base CPAN
    > module into the default Perl 5.8.0 install of RH9.0 to satisfy some
    > dependancies, but cannot obviously work out how to do it (there is no
    > Makefile.PL).
    >
    > Can anyone help me with this. It's pretty urgent.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Tony

    Yes, I am running as root. Not good I know. This was a very quick
    post from a development box.

    Anyway, if I run perl -MCPAN -e 'install Digest::Base' I get the following
    message back

    CPAN: Storable loaded ok
    Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata
    Database was generated on Mon, 05 Jul 2004 02:05:12 GMT
    Warning: Cannot install Digest::Base, don't know what it is.
    Try the command

    i /Digest::Base/

    to find objects with matching identifiers.

    Any other recommendations?

    Thanks

    root, Jul 6, 2004
  5. root

    Eric Bohlman Guest

    root <> wrote in

    > Anyway, if I run perl -MCPAN -e 'install Digest::Base' I get the
    > following message back
    >
    > CPAN: Storable loaded ok
    > Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata
    > Database was generated on Mon, 05 Jul 2004 02:05:12 GMT
    > Warning: Cannot install Digest::Base, don't know what it is.
    > Try the command
    >
    > i /Digest::Base/
    >
    > to find objects with matching identifiers.
    >
    > Any other recommendations?

    i /^Digest::/ brings up a very long list, one of the last entries of which
    shows Digest::Base as being part of the Digest module written by Gisle Aas.
    install Digest installed it for me.

    Doing a partial search using i is a very powerful technique for tracking
    down "missing" modules.

    Eric Bohlman, Jul 8, 2004