    is that possible?
    how can it be implemented?

    holger
    Holger Dell, Oct 17, 2003

  2. Holger Dell

    Mike Wahler Guest

    Re: [OT, redir] digicam via c++

    "Holger Dell" <-sb.de> wrote in message
    news:bmpmse$pejgu$-berlin.de...
    > hi,
    >
    > i've got a digital camera connected via usb or firewire.
    > and i want to write a c++ program that tells the camera to take a photo
    > and also reads out that photo.
    >
    > is that possible?

    Yes, but not entirely with ISO C++ (the only form discussed
    here).

    > how can it be implemented?

    No matter the language you use, you'll need an API
    application programming interface) with hardware-specific
    functions you can call). This is typically provided by
    the manufacturer of the camera, e.g. via a 'device driver'.

    Consult support resources for your camera, and/or your
    operating system.

    We can help with the standard C++ parts here. However,
    the camera interface part is not topical here, nor are
    any image rendering issues.

    Look to see if your camera manufacturer has a web site
    with info about this, and/or try a google search, being
    as specific as you can with the search terms.

    HTH,
    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, Oct 17, 2003

  3. Holger Dell