    I need to add a digital signature to a PDF file programmatically. My application uses libHaru to generate the PDF file, but this library does not appear to manage the digital signature.

    Which library can I use to do this ?

    Any advice would be appreciated.

    marty, Feb 15, 2013

  2. marty

    Öö Tiib Guest

    On Friday, 15 February 2013 23:59:40 UTC+2, marty wrote:
    > I need to add a digital signature to a PDF file programmatically.

    PDF is proprietary format belonging to Adobe. It is not related to C++.

    > My application uses libHaru to generate the PDF file,

    That is perhaps the only open source C++ library for generating
    PDF files. You should discuss its functionality with its developers.

    > but this library does not appear to manage the digital signature.
    > Which library can I use to do this ?

    Digital signatures that Adobe accepts as valid have to be bought
    from someone who Adobe accepts as valid security provider. No
    library can technically provide those on its own.

    > Any advice would be appreciated.

    I trust that Adobe has some sort of web site up somewhere in
    internet. It contains information. You should always ask from
    related people and avoid asking information from random
    unrelated sites and forums.

    Öö Tiib, Feb 16, 2013