    image(preferrably Tiff) .can someone tell me if there is one?
    thanks
    jim

    jimgardener, Jun 20, 2008

  2. jimgardener

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 22:25:19 -0700 (PDT), jimgardener
    said :

    >i am looking for java code for digitizing a textfile into an
    >image(preferrably Tiff) .can someone tell me if there is one?

    Some possibilities.

    1. look for a PostScript rendering engine. Wrap your text is some
    PostScript and render it.

    2. draw the text on screen in a JTextArea. Then do a screen capture.
    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/screenscraping.html

    3. Look at how I do it in Masker with low level drawing tools.
    http://mindprod.com/applet/masker.html

    With Java you can easily create png, jpg, gif. I don't know about
    TIFF. For than you might spawn a batch conversion utility.
    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/exec.html
    --

    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary

    Roedy Green, Jun 20, 2008

  3. jimgardener

    ownowl Guest

    > With Java you can easily create png, jpg, gif. I don't know about
    > TIFF. For than you might spawn a batch conversion utility.
    > see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/exec.html

    generate TIFF format file is possible with JAI

    Olivier

    ownowl, Jun 20, 2008