digitizing a textfile into image

jimgardener

hi
i am looking for java code for digitizing a textfile into an
image(preferrably Tiff) .can someone tell me if there is one?
thanks
jim

Roedy Green

i am looking for java code for digitizing a textfile into an
image(preferrably Tiff) .can someone tell me if there is one?

Some possibilities.

1. look for a PostScript rendering engine. Wrap your text is some
PostScript and render it.

2. draw the text on screen in a JTextArea. Then do a screen capture.
See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/screenscraping.html

3. Look at how I do it in Masker with low level drawing tools.
http://mindprod.com/applet/masker.html

With Java you can easily create png, jpg, gif. I don't know about
TIFF. For than you might spawn a batch conversion utility.
see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/exec.html