DIME Attachments & WSDL

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Manoj G, Mar 1, 2005.

  1. Manoj G

    Manoj G Guest

    I was working on WSE 2.0 & DIME. I used the Attachments sample provided by
    SDK and saved the SOAP request (with headers) into a file. What I noticed was
    that there was no reference/link/href to the DIME attachment from the SOAP
    message body. But, the web method could extract the attachment contents
    without any problems (through RequestSoapContext object). So, it seems that
    WebServiceExtension would be able to extract the attachment without any
    information about it present in the SOAP message, perhaps, only by parsing
    the request stream. Is my assumption right here?

    A related question is about WSDL. I suppose WSDL Extensions for SOAP are not
    yet implemented as of WSE SP3 right? So, any wsdl changes to indicate
    attachments has to be done manually right?

    Finally, I wanted to know about intereoperabilty of DIME (WSE) with other
    such implementations like Apache Axis Toolkit. If anyone knows about any
    issues, please do let me know.

    Thanks in Advance,
    Manoj G

    Manoj G, Mar 1, 2005

  2. Manoj G

    [MSFT] Guest

    The Web Services Enhancements for Microsoft .NET (WSE) supports attaching
    files to SOAP messages outside the SOAP envelope. Your assumption is right.

    For question about WSDL, I didn't find any public document talking about
    it. I think we have to wait for next release of WSE.

    Luke

    [MSFT], Mar 2, 2005