Direct Users to Sub Directories depending on Credentials

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Harry, Sep 14, 2004.

  1. Harry

    Harry Guest

    Hi,

    I seem to be having trouble implementing somethings which should be
    simple!

    I can create normal log in scripts fine using forms authentication no
    problem.
    I want to take it a step further now. I would like a generic log-on
    page, but then depending on a field in the database, they would be
    directed to one sub-directory on the server but not be able to access
    any others.

    ie: Three fields in DB. Username, Password, Company.

    Username: joebloggs Password: xxxxxxx Company: StillImages
    When logging on this user gets redirected to /stillimages/default.aspx

    Username: johnsmith Password: xxxxxxx Company: GoodOnes
    When logging on this user gets redirected to /goodones/default.aspx

    I am just after a bit of advice on what sort of method other people
    have used to implement the above type of thing. The end aim is to only
    have one log-on box on my home page, so customers can log on and get
    directed to their private part of the site.

    All thoughts welcome.

    Thanks
    Harry, Sep 14, 2004