Directing Domains

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Andrew Bonney \(abweb\), Nov 16, 2004.

  1. Hi,
    I have never used ASP in my life so I NEED HELP!!!

    I have heard it is possible to create an asp script that when someone
    connects to a web server from the a domain (say www.mydomain.com), the asp
    script reads the domain/subdomain in the address bar and the locates the
    correct folder for that domain name (e.g. the folder may be
    C:\websites\mydomain) and forwards the user to that folder (another example:
    http://test.mydomain.com would go to a folder like
    C:\websites\mydomain\test)

    Any ideas anyone?

    Thanks,
    Andrew Bonney (abweb)

    www.andrewbonney.com

    Tel: 01943 872966
    Fax: 08701 309329

    abweb is a registered Microsoft partner

    This e-mail was scanned with Norton AntiVirus 2004 software for viruses and
    worms prior to the message being sent. If you received this e-mail in error,
    please reply to abweb to explain the problem. Please do not read the e-mail
    as it may contain personal information.

    Andrew Bonney \(abweb\), Nov 16, 2004

  2. Scott Mitchell [MVP], Nov 17, 2004